Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Output with Bluetooth Headset

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ccteoControlleristMember since 2016
Hi,

I am a Noob with Virtual DJ.
Does anyone know how to enable the following settings that I am trying to achieve ??

Deck 1 & 2 - Output to Regular headphone out of the Macbook Pro
Deck 3 & 4 - Output to Bluetooth Headset (Beats Studio for example) ONLY.

Basically, I am trying to see if I can get away with using 2 soundcard and use the Bluetooth headset as my Cue (get it ?? not sure if I was clear with what I am trying to do).
Any way, appreciate any help or advice I can get.

geposted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 11:49 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If your BT headset does not create a second sound device, it is not possible.

geposted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 4:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can not use an Ext Mixer audio setup (with Deck 1, Deck 2 etc) with a PLUS Controller license , unless the unit requires that in order to properly operate (which is not the case for your DDJ-SB2 controller).
In your case, only a Master & Headphones Audio setup can be used.
Example:
Master.... Pioneer DDJ-SB2 (with speakers connected to the unit) or Built-in sound card of your Mac .. Chans 1,2
Headphones .... Pioneer DDJ-SB2 (with Headphones to the unit) or BlueTooth Headset ... Chans 3,4 (or Chans 1,2 if the BT device is used)

Ext Mixer Audio setup requires either an additional analog Mixer Plus License or a Pro Infinity License.

geposted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 5:39 pm
You'll probably find that using a Bluetooth device to cue is not practical because of the latency (delay) caused by the wireless connection. The audio in the headset will be behind (in time) the main audio output, so it will be hard to beat mix for example.

geposted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 5:54 pm
You might be right regarding the headset. But there is no latency with a Bluetooth mouse. Akai have just released a wireless Bluetooth version of the LDP8 too, so I'm assuming no latency with that either. I would imagine many controllers will be becoming wireless soon too.

geposted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 7:56 pm
I did say "probably" :-)

I imagine the amount of data sent from a mouse (or the occasional tap on a pad) would be a lot less than a constant stream of stereo CD quality audio.

Best to be cautious. It's more likely that there will be latency with a wireless connection.

[edit] just found this article http://stephencoyle.net/latency/

geposted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 8:03 pm
Yeah, you have a point.

geposted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 8:06 pm
in a mac i can connect both the bluetooth headset and cable speakers but somentimes i have a delay, could you help me whih that ?

geposted Fri 12 May 17 @ 7:10 am
Help:i would like to cue using my wireless headphones.how should I do this?

geposted Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 12:56 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)