Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Numark Party Mix mapping question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

vjboyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I've been using VDJ Pro v.7 for a few years only on a PC and am now thinking about adding a low cost controller because I'd like to use actual knobs and faders. I'm probably going to get the Numark Party Mix but first I have what might be kind of a basic, maybe dumb question: I'm actually a VJ that mixes music video dance remixes. I'd like to use the volume mixing fader on the Numark for audio but use one of the other buttons to trigger the video transition effect. Sometimes I like to bring in the audio of the next song under the current video while that video is on the screens. My basic understanding of mapping makes me think this is possible but I'm not sure what button on the Numark I would use for the video transition... all the buttons seem like they're needed (I've just seen photos not the actual controller). Does anyone have a suggestion on what buttons are rarely used on this controller so I can grab one of those, and also confirm that what I want to do with the separate video transition and audio fade will be possible? Thanks!

geposted Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 5:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I would use the SCRATCH button or a keyboard key assigned as .. video_transition

To achieve what you want, you simply need to disable both AUTO and LINK from the center VIDEO panel of the default skin.

Note : PartyMix is not supported in ver 7 (if that is the one you are using).

geposted Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 6:54 am
vjboyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Thanks for the answer and the info about PartyMix and v.7. I could have sworn I saw that it was on the supported controller list.

geposted Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 3:50 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)