Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pulselocker - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

bigron1 wrote :

I think they will clean up their data base in due course.

I'm not so sure about that. I mean, they did try this whole Pulselocker thing back in 2012 you know (see Google) and.....well I guess it flopped.

So they had four years to sort out what should be simple issues (DJ friendly searching) but it was still rubbish when they re-launched last year.

It does sound as if it's improved slightly since then, but still....

geposted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 5:49 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Call me old fashioned whatever but I still think having the physical media files is the way to go for a working DJ.

It's nice being able to stream the odd track from Spotify or Deezer if needed and I have web access but my customers pay me to have a full collection of music for the gig and that's what I will have. On my hard drive.

Every one has a choice, and I agree with you. This is the only way I roll. I buy stuff I know that I may play only once, or never play. I have enough stress just playing the stuff that I own, I am not spending my nights looking for music, and hoping I can find the right track. I am fortunate that I work a lot, so this is just paying for itself. I have signed up to Pulselocker and Spotify to evaluate, but I have enough sources I buy from, so I don't think this will be permanent for me. However, if they have Armenian or Russian club music, I will stick around. This guys are crazy tippers.

geposted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 8:36 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
It's a pity we can't have a plugin for say Amazonmp3 automatically enabling us to buy the song.
I forgot my paypal password last night.. only getting it right on my 3rd attempt whilst nervously looking at the crowd, and as usual I was under time pressure.

geposted Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 9:50 pm
omg I agree with something Ron wants too!

a direct purchase and download through amazon would be amazeballs.

spend a buck and keep it forever AND its directly in your library.

win/win

geposted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 12:45 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
There might even be a possibility of Atomix selling us songs that can then be directly played which have dj friendly names and tags. I would pay more for such a service. It would likely mean setting up some kind of franchise with a big player like Amazon.

geposted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 12:24 pm
This is a great idea :)

geposted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 12:42 pm
I don't see a "Refreh DRM" option on the downloaded Pulselocker files
They do work in offline mode as expected
I assume they will expire at some point if I'm not on the internet, or if I cancel my subscription - so do they automatically refresh when online?

(these are all rhetorical questions of a curious mind, since I'm just using a free trial, and Pulselocker isn't officially available in Denmark :) )

geposted Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 6:01 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
This is automatically handled by the pulselocker plugin. You'll have to check if pulselocker themselves have more specific information about how long files remain valid without internet connection.

geposted Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 6:07 am
Adion wrote :
This is automatically handled by the pulselocker plugin. You'll have to check if pulselocker themselves have more specific information about how long files remain valid without internet connection.

Pulselocker hasn't answered yet, so I tried going to the Serato and Rekordbox forums.
It looks like they haven't really gotten offline play to work in their products yet.
You often need to restart, and if it does work, it's only for a few tracks before you need internet access again
So it looks like VDJ is already ahead when it comes to Pulselocker integration :)

geposted Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 1:30 pm
Pulselocker wrote me back:

"Hi Klaus, There's a 30 day license on all of the tracks, so as long as you've opened your DJ software and connected to the internet within that time it'll be refreshed."

geposted Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 8:49 pm
cnaylPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Just trying Pulselocker but find the search from within VirtualDJ can't seem to find much - I can have a track on Pulselocker website but when I search from VDJ it shows nothing. Also it often puts a message "Request attempted too many times." Is it supposed to work better than this?

geposted Sun 15 Oct 17 @ 2:43 pm
GalawasPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Pulselocker shutdown. Are you kidding me?!
http://status.pulselocker.com/

Identified
5 hours ago
Dear Pulselocker Customer,

It is with an incredibly heavy heart that we have to send this message. As of today, November 10th, 2017, Pulselocker is ceasing operations.

Six years ago we set out to provide a unique service to the DJ community—we believe we succeeded in providing something truly revolutionary that was well received by all of you. Due to a combination of market circumstances and financial constraints, we must re-organize our current structure if we are to successfully serve you in the future. After exhaustively searching for alternatives, we have made the extremely hard decision to shut down our operations.

We realize this news comes incredibly fast and we are truly sorry for the inconveniences this may cause. Thank you from the very bottom of our hearts for the support you’ve shown Pulselocker and our deepest apologies for the speed and inconvenience of this announcement.

We will continue to search for ways to bring the service back to you in a bigger and better way. We are proud of the community that rallied behind our technology and thank you for your support and patronage.

Sincerely,

The Pulselocker Team

Edited for profanity and locked by AMAHM, please follow the forum guidelines, thank you. Let's keep the conversation here.

geposted Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 2:33 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)