Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Switching to from 8.1 to 8.2 (2017)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

c18ccPRO InfinityMember since 2014
When it comes to DJ software, I always adhere to the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" train of thought. I haven't updated my software in a bit. I'm about to purchase a DJM-900nxs2 and realize I will probably need to upgrade my existing 8.1 (2857.1116 build) or switch over to 8.2 to utilize full functionality of the new mixer, correct?

1) Is it possible to stay within the 8.1 software or should I switch over to 8.2?
2) What is the SAFEST and most RELIABLE method to upgrading the software and maintaining all of my cue info? (I manage my music through iTunes)
3) Will my customized 8.1 skin work on current builds of VDJ?
4) Is there a preferred way of using the current Pioneer system with VDJ in HID mode?

Computer:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) (running El Capitan)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Hardware:
2x CDJ-2000nxs1 (running as soundcards and HID)
1x DJM-900nxs2

Thanks for your help!

geposted Mon 10 Apr 17 @ 11:25 pm
I will try my best to answer your questions.

1) The 900nxs2 is only supported in VDJ 8.2 so you will have to update the latest public version.

2) Your cue info is stored in the VDJ database. This is stored on your hard drive where you keep your music so all your information will be left in tact.

3) I believe that your customised skin will work with the latest VDJ update.

4) The preferred method of connecting your equipment is to use the two cdj 2000 nexus players in HID mode and to use the mixer as the soundcard. You should connect the cdj's to your MacBook via a USB hub but it is recommended to connect the mixer directly to the MacBook.

geposted Tue 11 Apr 17 @ 12:00 am
toppadon wrote :

4) The preferred method of connecting your equipment is to use the two cdj 2000 nexus players in HID mode and to use the mixer as the soundcard. You should connect the cdj's to your MacBook via a USB hub but it is recommended to connect the mixer directly to the MacBook.

Ok, thanks for your input. I was under the impression that I could still use the CDJs in HID (using the NXS2 mixer as the primary soundcard and connecting the CDJs via LAN)

geposted Tue 11 Apr 17 @ 1:37 am
You won't be connecting the cdjs via the Lan (ethernet) port. This port is used when linking two or more cdjs together and using Rekordbox. You will be connecting the cdjs via the USB port which is HID mode.

geposted Tue 11 Apr 17 @ 1:56 am
c18cc wrote :

3) Will my customized 8.1 skin work on current builds of VDJ?

Yes, it probably will, but you then may miss out on the whole Pad Pages section, which was the big new thing in VDJ 8.2
So the default skin was changed in v 8.2, and most of the "more famous" alternative skins, like FRUiT and Controller by DennYo came out with new versions to support the Pad Pages

geposted Tue 11 Apr 17 @ 5:25 am
toppadon wrote :
You won't be connecting the cdjs via the Lan (ethernet) port. This port is used when linking two or more cdjs together and using Rekordbox. You will be connecting the cdjs via the USB port which is HID mode.

Ok, so there's really no reason to hook the mixer up to the software if I'm already using the CDJs in HID and as soundcards, correct? I'm fine with just using it as a standard mixer, but would be nice if all of the effects were beat synced to the software...

geposted Wed 12 Apr 17 @ 1:56 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)