Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Sampler FX
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Mon 15 May 17 @ 8:47 am
As of Builds 3731, Effects can be applied to Sampler without having to route sampler to any specific deck. This page offers the ability to apply Effects on Sampler using the Pads section of VirtualDJ.

geposted Mon 15 May 17 @ 8:50 am
Is it not possible to apply FX to the sampler without this addon?

geposted Mon 15 May 17 @ 8:56 pm
The actions are available (you can take a look in the Pads Editor), but no feedback on the default skin about which effect is selected for the Sampler slot.
A custom skin can provide this though.

BTW, we plan to have something in the default skin to show effects on the Sampler slot , but for now this page can do the job.

geposted Tue 16 May 17 @ 11:37 am
When will it be possible to have different FX assigned to different sampler groups? For example the filter would be nice if that could be assigned separately for a group.

geposted Mon 05 Jun 17 @ 8:48 am
Auxilio no se como instalar y empezarlos a usar :s

geposted Fri 16 Jun 17 @ 6:06 am
how do i open this window

geposted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 7:43 pm
not sure if it's the clubs old computer or if something else but not getting an installer, only and option to open and then prompt to select what to open it with. has installed on win10 laptop with no problem.

geposted Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 1:54 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
wildcountryclub wrote :
not sure if it's the clubs old computer or if something else but not getting an installer, only and option to open and then prompt to select what to open it with. has installed on win10 laptop with no problem.

same issue on WIN7

geposted Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 3:27 am
yeah that might be it. club computer is a win7 and needs replacing

geposted Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 3:46 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
wildcountryclub wrote :
win7 and needs replacing

should not be

geposted Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 2:04 pm
it's 8 years old... It NEEDS replacing. been telling them it needed replacing for 3 years now. my son's computer has better specs than this thing does.

but on the plus side it handles 8.2 great!

geposted Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 3:13 pm
Mine was nearer ten! I've just replaced it (needed to go 64 bit).

geposted Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 5:55 pm
this one is 64bit I think. we spent a good bit of cash on it back then, upgraded the video card a while back and it's been humming along nicely with very few issues. but it's showing it's age. only a matter of time before something major happens to it. yet another reason we back up everything on a regular basis and have multiple backups of the backups.

geposted Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 7:42 pm
djdad wrote :
The actions are available (you can take a look in the Pads Editor), but no feedback on the default skin about which effect is selected for the Sampler slot.
A custom skin can provide this though.

BTW, we plan to have something in the default skin to show effects on the Sampler slot , but for now this page can do the job.

The only way I can use this right now is to switch back to the default skin and load an effect in the Sampler FX page. Once I do that I can switch back to my custom skin and use a mapped button to open the Sampler FX GUI pane. Is there any way to skip having to switch to the default skin to activate the sampler FX? Is there a line of code I can add to my ONINIT that will automatically activate Sampler FX when I load up VDJ with my custom skin? I just cannot figure out the proper wording and syntax to get Sampler FX activated when I open VDJ with my custom skin.

UPDATE: Never mind I figure it out by mapping two buttons like this:
Button One script: effect_select sampler
(this gives me a drop down to select the sampler effect of my choice and turn it on)

Button Two script: effect_show_gui
(this opens an FX pane allowing me to tweak the sampler effect to taste)

geposted Fri 10 Jun 22 @ 9:13 am

geposted Fri 10 Jun 22 @ 4:00 pm

geposted Sat 11 Jun 22 @ 7:41 am
Why have you not updated VDJ for three years?

geposted Sat 11 Jun 22 @ 9:36 am
groovindj wrote :
Why have you not updated VDJ for three years?

I tried to update but had all kinds of major performance and minor GUI issues. Using VDJ 2020 I had the wonderful problem of my controller disconnecting from the software in the middle of my professional DJ set. Fun right? Luckily when this happened the music kept playing and I was able to finish my gig using my trackpad and keyboard. As you know it is impossible to reset ones controller in the middle of the set because guess what happens to the sound system when you turn the controller off? Silence... You can stop the music and make an announcement but you probably won't get hired again if it happens more than once. Once I had that happen I was done upgrading VDJ. Maybe they fixed it in later releases and maybe they didn't. I just can't take that risk in high profile high stress gigs to see if it's fixed or not. The final release of VDJ 2018 is ROCK solid, battle tested and it also does not give me issues with the stone age skin I use that I have carefully modded and customized over the many years to give me EXACTLY what I need in a GUI. I need stability and I don't need my setup messed with. I appreciate all the advancements with the subsequent releases of VDJ but at the end of the day I just want to mix two tracks together and not have the program crash or my controller disconnect or any other strange phenomena that may be introduced down the road. I will be as amazed as you when VDJ 2030 rolls out with the ability to DJ a concert in the Metaverse or inside a Fortnite Game. I will be astounded in 2040 when VDJ will do your DJ self employment taxes and also link to Tinder to find you groupies. Right now I just need the DJ basics. VDJ 2018 already has more features than I'll ever use!

geposted Sat 11 Jun 22 @ 9:55 am