Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Couple of questions/issues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm using the latest release, with TT's, Serato 2.5 timecode, and an American Audio MXR 10 mixer.

Question 1: I dont know if settings got messed up or what, but I noticed that the time code isnt as tight as say a controller. It appears I have to move the TC vinyl almost a 1/4 of the way around(or more) just to get about 1 second or a 1/4 beat of a chirp when scratching. With a controller, it's literally instant and I dont have to move the jogwheel as far. I didn't notice that with previous builds, so is there any way to make it so that you don't have to move the vinyl as far? My latency setting is set at 3ms and it's calibrated to 100%. For heck of it, I fired up Serato, and I don't have this issue with that software. I can move the TC a tiny bit and the software translates it like a controller jogwheel where you dont have to move the TC as far to hear anything. If I move the TC from 6:30 to 6:40 position...thinking in terms of a clock...the Serato translates it instantly. For VDJ, I have to move it from say 6:30 to 6:50 just to get that 1/4 or 1/2 beat.

Question 2: Deck 1 is playing normally, crossfader is in the middle, deck 2 is on loop. I hit the effect button for deck 1 (in this case, loop out effect from V7, which works with V8), move the cross fader the rest of the way, and the audio from deck 1 keeps playing even though the crossfader is all the way to the left for deck 2. I didn't get the chance to check if this does that with other effects, so is this an issue with the software itself or because I'm using the loop out effect for V7? I did fire up V7 for the heck of it, and this does not have an issue for that version. If I hit the effect, continue to move the crossfader over, the audio from deck 1 doesnt bleed or play through. Deck 2 audio plays as normal.

geposted Thu 25 May 17 @ 11:42 pm
hola

geposted Fri 26 May 17 @ 12:12 am
In regards to question 1, it seems to be better with V7 and I dont have to move the TC as far but it's still further than when using Serato. Hoping you guys have an idea or a fix for this. Thanks!

geposted Fri 26 May 17 @ 11:54 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If the pitch slider on the screen and on your turntables are the same, then the movement will be exactly how much it is on the vinyl.
(So when using the 33rpm side, 1 second is supposed to take half a turn, and on the 45rpm side, 1 second will take 3/4th turn)

You could slow down your turntables, and then reset the pitch slider in vdj to 0% to get more sensitivity.

geposted Fri 26 May 17 @ 12:08 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)