Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: The Advanced Freestyler integration thread - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I am coming in to this late but I am having issues with running Freestyler and Virtual DJ together on the same machine when I have more than one midi device.

This is only an issue with certain controllers and when I am going out with a single laptop setup.

Example setup and the problems.

AKAI mini as MIDI controller to Freestyler - all mapped through freestyler and works perfectly - except -

when I start virtual DJ - it tries to take over the AKAI mini and things stop working plus I get subscript errors and so on.

Also, Virtual DJ often resets my complete setup when I plug in an MCX8000.

I dont really have a solution so any help or pointers would be great - thanks

geposted Mon 27 Nov 17 @ 3:08 pm
With Freestyler closed start VirtualDJ and go to Controllers tab.
Select your Akai and from the drop down menu on the right select IGNORE
Close VirtualDJ
Start Freestyler and configure it's MIDI ports to use your AKAI
Start VirtualDJ.
VirtualDJ should NOT try to take over Akai now, since it's set to ignore it

PS: Generally speaking Freestyler has an issue when it comes to MIDI ports:
Instead of remembering the "name" of the port it should use and seeking for it, it remembers the port's index.
This means that if the amount of connected MIDI devices is different when you start Freestyler in comparison with what it have saved in it's configuration, you need to reconfigure MIDI ports again.
Same rule applies if the "order" of MIDI ports changes.
The order of MIDI ports depends on the sequence you connect your controllers on the USB ports.

Finally, for MCX8000 if it's an issue related to Freestyler MIDI ports e.t.c. please post more details here as you don't really describe your issue.
If it's a general issue then use the support forums and open a new thread

geposted Mon 27 Nov 17 @ 4:40 pm
2RokkPRO InfinityMember since 2017
PhantomDeejay first off, thanks for the detailed instructions. So far I've got a few things working. It's still not clear to me how the whole VDJ and MIDI commands work. I've got a few buttons in the MIDI Remote UI to toggle a few different sub-masters and the buttons stay lit while active, that part I kind of get, seeing the sub-masters are already assigned notes in freestyler, etc... I was hoping you may be able to assist me with my problem, I'm not sure how to exactly go about mapping and assigning notes, etc... to toggle GROUP BLACKOUT. I'm currently enabling/disabling GROUP BLACKOUT with the script generated by the script generator which works, but I would like to have the same visual indication as BLACKOUT. I was wondering if the GROUP BLACKOUT could be mapped to the Remote UI in the same manner as BLACKOUT, using something like the script below?

var_equal '$FS_RCV_BLACKOUT_GROUP_01' 0 ? off & set '$FS_SND_BLACKOUT_GROUP_01' 1 while_pressed : on & set '$FS_SND_BLACKOUT_GROUP_01' 1 while_pressed

As, I stated I just started to mess around with MIDI and Freestyler and I would like to learn how to map things to my liking. I'm not too sure what to do with the whole note-on, note-off, note, channel, etc... in Freestyler to make something like this work. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

geposted Wed 31 Jan 18 @ 3:28 pm
DEFJEFPRO InfinityMember since 2010
First let me say I am new to Freestyler and Midi. This information has been invaluable in helping me discover the full potential of VDJ. Thanks to all who have posted and special thanks to PhantomDeejay for your knowledge and hard work. I am trying to set up control of my lighting using VDJ midi and a Novation Launchpad. I followed your instructions and all seem to be working in Freestyler. Submaster are set as 1-Movements, 2-Colours, 3-Gobo's, etc. I am attempting to program/script 2 moving heads, ADJ inno pocket spots. In FS, when I click on movements, colors or gobo, all work fine, however I am unsure as to which scripts I need to use to do the same in VDJ. I did script the Blackout example you showed in your post and all worked great, but that was a global command. Controlling the submasters eludes me. I looked at all the commands you listed and see that some are very close to the buttons in freestyler. I am wondering if you can give an example or two of how to make a movement, color or gobo change? Again thanks for your hard work it is very much appreciated.

geposted Sat 05 May 18 @ 5:27 pm
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I set this up with both loopMIDI and rtpMIDI and it's working well. But testing with loopMIDI for the moment. Got the S2L working well.

What I am having trouble with is if I set an action POI in a track they seem to work the first time but if I replay the track they don't work.

Say I want to trigger different cues at different points in the track do I enter it as: set '$FS_SEND_CUE_01' Is this the correct syntax for the action POI's in the track editor?

As I said they will trigger the first time but if I re start the track they don't work a second time and so on.

Any Ideas?

geposted Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 12:44 am
No, it's not the correct action because you need to release the button as well.
When you set the variable it's like pushing a button down. You also need to unset the variable (set it back to 0) to release the button.

So, for POI editor try this:
set '$FS_SEND_CUE_01' 1 & repeat_start 'TOFFBTN' 100ms 1 & set '$FS_SEND_CUE_01' 0

geposted Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 10:09 am
DEFJEF wrote :
First let me say I am new to Freestyler and Midi. This information has been invaluable in helping me discover the full potential of VDJ. Thanks to all who have posted and special thanks to PhantomDeejay for your knowledge and hard work. I am trying to set up control of my lighting using VDJ midi and a Novation Launchpad. I followed your instructions and all seem to be working in Freestyler. Submaster are set as 1-Movements, 2-Colours, 3-Gobo's, etc. I am attempting to program/script 2 moving heads, ADJ inno pocket spots. In FS, when I click on movements, colors or gobo, all work fine, however I am unsure as to which scripts I need to use to do the same in VDJ. I did script the Blackout example you showed in your post and all worked great, but that was a global command. Controlling the submasters eludes me. I looked at all the commands you listed and see that some are very close to the buttons in freestyler. I am wondering if you can give an example or two of how to make a movement, color or gobo change? Again thanks for your hard work it is very much appreciated.

Sorry, I missed that.
Do you still need help ?
The variables for submasters are not any different than other variables. That's why they are numbered. To access submaster 1 (Movements) you need to script the variables with 01 at the end:

$FS_SUB_INTENS_01
$FS_SUB_LIST_CH_01
$FS_SND_SUB_RUN_01
$FS_SND_SUB_STOP_01
$FS_SND_SUB_GO_01
$FS_SND_SUB_BACK_01
$FS_SND_SUB_TOGGLE_01

For submaster 2 (Colours) you need to script the variables with 02 at the end:
$FS_SUB_INTENS_02
$FS_SUB_LIST_CH_02
$FS_SND_SUB_RUN_02
$FS_SND_SUB_STOP_02
$FS_SND_SUB_GO_02
$FS_SND_SUB_BACK_02
$FS_SND_SUB_TOGGLE_02

For sumbaster 3 (Gobo's) you use
$FS_SUB_INTENS_03
$FS_SUB_LIST_CH_03
$FS_SND_SUB_RUN_03
$FS_SND_SUB_STOP_03
$FS_SND_SUB_GO_03
$FS_SND_SUB_BACK_03
$FS_SND_SUB_TOGGLE_03

e.t.c.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 10:17 am
Thanks PhantomDeejay.

I figured there had to be more to it. VDJ script is one beast I have yet to tame.

That now gives me something to play with.

Cheers.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 11:48 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :

For controllers, skins, or custom pad pages though, we have the ability to control leds individually from button presses.
So, lets say we want to remap BUTTONX on our controller to toggle Blackout on/off. Remap the button elements as follows:

BUTTONX=set '$FS_SND_BLACKOUT' 1 while_pressed
LED_BUTTONX=get_var '$FS_RCV_BLACKOUT'

The button should now work as desired. It toggles Blackout on/off, and the LED of the button turns on when Blackout is enabled.

Hey Phantom,

I'm trying to re map my AKAI APC Mini so I can use it as an external controller to control freestyler. I don't want to use the default mapping for sampler functions.

If I do as you say above and put BUTTONX=set '$FS_SND_BLACKOUT' 1 while_pressed on the button and LED_BUTTONX=get_var '$FS_RCV_BLACKOUT' on the LED for the button blackout triggers in Freestyler but the pad stays unlit and doesn't light up.

Is there something else I need to do to light the pads up, say green for on and red for off?

geposted Sat 18 Aug 18 @ 7:53 am
I got this to work after looking at the MRC pad pages and some searching here on the forum.

var_equal '$FS_RCV_BLACKOUT' 1 ? blink ? color 'red' : off : color 'green' :on

The button is green and when pressed it blinks red and blackout is engaged in Freestyler.

geposted Sat 18 Aug 18 @ 8:51 am
Is it also possible to buy the software without a pro subscription/lifetime?

geposted Sat 01 Sep 18 @ 11:56 am
DJ-Pomodor, for professional use (paying gigs), Pro is the license you are looking for. There is a version that is specific to your controller, but not for professional use... refer to https://virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

geposted Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 10:26 pm
AudioMaverick I actually wanted to ask if it's also possible to buy the freestyler addon with a controller-related license.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 3:23 pm
No, not this one particular addon since custom devices are allowed only on PRO licenses.
You may have better luck by using OS2L bridge to Freestyler, or Freestyler8 plug in

geposted Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 5:04 pm
RustmanPRO SubscriberMember since 2014
This is working so well that it should really step up my ability to control lighting!

Is it possible to double the beats when passing into Freestyler? I would like to make the lights move a little faster on some songs.

Thank you!

geposted Fri 08 Feb 19 @ 2:58 am
Yes. You need to remap the SEND_S2L_TRIG item to something like this:

<map value="SEND_S2L_TRIG" action="var_equal &apos;@$FS_SEND_S2L_MULTIPLIER&apos; 1 ? deck master param_smaller 0.15 ? on : param_smaller 0.65 ? param_bigger 0.5 ? on : off : off : var_equal &apos;@$FS_SEND_S2L_MULTIPLIER&apos; 2 ? deck master get_beatpos &amp; param_mod 1 &amp; param_smaller 0.15 ? on : off : var_equal &apos;@$FS_SEND_S2L_MULTIPLIER&apos; 3 ? deck master get_beat_num 1 2 ? get_beatpos &amp; param_mod 1 &amp; param_smaller 0.15 ? on : off : off : var_equal &apos;@$FS_SEND_S2L_MULTIPLIER&apos; 4 ? deck master get_beat_num 1 4 ? get_beatpos &amp; param_mod 1 &amp; param_smaller 0.15 ? on : off : off : var_equal &apos;@$FS_SEND_S2L_MULTIPLIER&apos; 5 ? deck master get_beat_num 1 8 ? get_beatpos &amp; param_mod 1 &amp; param_smaller 0.15 ? on : off : off : var_equal &apos;@$FS_SEND_S2L_MULTIPLIER&apos; 6 ? deck master get_beat_num 1 16 ? get_beatpos &amp; param_mod 1 &amp; param_smaller 0.15 ? on : off : off : off" />

And control speed by using
cycle &apos;@$FS_SEND_S2L_MULTIPLIER&apos; 6
on a custom button

geposted Fri 08 Feb 19 @ 8:17 am
RustmanPRO SubscriberMember since 2014
Maybe a newbie question but where do I update the SEND_S2L_TRIG item?

Will give this a try this evening.

Thanks again Phantom. This is awesome!

geposted Fri 08 Feb 19 @ 2:29 pm
On the Freestyler mapper on Controllers tab in settings

geposted Fri 08 Feb 19 @ 2:35 pm
Hello, I seem to be having a real hard time getting freestyler8.dll to work on any new OS I install, W10 or even W7 if I try to downgrade. I've had this working many times before, maybe this is a silly question but is this dll x86 only or something? Has anyone made it work on W10?

geposted Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 10:33 pm
Well that can't be true, it's working on my old box which is W7 Pro Sp1 x64. If anyone knows any strange reason the plugin would not show up after a seeming smooth installation please share. Thank you kindly.

geposted Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 10:38 pm
57%