Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Roland 808 - Page: 3

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

The sound setup is 100% correct.
The differences you see are because the screenshot in WiKi has been taken on Windows OS where the ASIO drivers report the inputs by their names, while on MAC OS they are reported only as numbers

geposted Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 6:39 pm
Thank you I will continue to test tonight
Do you know if there is a way to use the mic input without adding any effects

geposted Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 6:52 pm

geposted Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 7:09 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Please read the following page carefully:
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/roland/dj808/advanced.html

The MIC input of 808 is hardware operated and therefore you don't need/have to route it through a deck unless you want to.

I see that but I want to be able to use the microphone without adding any effects And there's not enough info at the Roland site I would think that even without my computer connected without running any software just hooking up a microphone I should be able to just talk normal without any effects then adjust the knobs to bring in a effects but I can't seem to get it to do that

geposted Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 7:37 pm

geposted Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 9:18 pm
So does this unit now function 100% the same as if I was using SDJ??

I really would like to get this unit but only if it’s 100% ....

geposted Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 2:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The only functionality that doesnt work, is the ability to set a Tempo on the Sequencer and then sync the Decks to follow the Sequencer tempo. Or rather its not the Tempo/BPM that the decks cant follow, its the beat/phase-sync that wont work.
The opposite functionality works of course.

geposted Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 3:08 pm
And it’s safe to assume that this is the same with the 505 as well??

geposted Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 5:09 pm
So is there any chance of VDJ ever being able to work (sync) as a slave?

Ableton's new Link functionality is already built in to Serato DJ and Traktor. In this respect VDJ is falling behind.

geposted Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 5:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
And it’s safe to assume that this is the same with the 505 as well??
Not sure how the Sequencer works in the DJ 505, probably the same way, but not sure. We expect our unit in about a week, so will be able to answer to your question then.

groovindj wrote :
So is there any chance of VDJ ever being able to work (sync) as a slave?
We may see this in the feature, but not any time soon.

geposted Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 9:25 pm
Ok Thanks Bob, I have a month to play around and decide if I wanna keep it or not so I might wait till you give the word on the 505 first.

Thanks for the time and info.

geposted Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 9:36 pm
Ok so I have played with the 808 for about a week now, I have my first gig with it on sat. I did have to up the latency to 512 to fix a few weird things that were happing. like the pads were not responding correctly, deck 2 would not sync unless deck 1 was playing, shift did some weird stuff too. All seems to be working now.

geposted Fri 22 Dec 17 @ 8:39 am
tonys party time wrote :
Ok so I have played with the 808 for about a week now, I have my first gig with it on sat. I did have to up the latency to 512 to fix a few weird things that were happing. like the pads were not responding correctly, deck 2 would not sync unless deck 1 was playing, shift did some weird stuff too. All seems to be working now.

Can you possibly take a video of this working with the drum machine doesn’t have to be anything super fancy I just want to see you had to work together

geposted Fri 22 Dec 17 @ 5:03 pm
sorry i have not figured out the drum part yet need a little time but the rest I love

geposted Sun 24 Dec 17 @ 7:52 am
Really gotta get my hands on one of these units.

I mean I’ll use SDJ with if it doesn’t work or I can’t get it to work right with VDJ....

geposted Mon 25 Dec 17 @ 10:21 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)