Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Karaoke Proof Mics - do they even exist!?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering - those of you that karaoke, do you use wired or wireless microphones?

The reason I ask is because my venue is compact to say the least but every Friday and Saturday night its rammed see below...

As a result having wired mics with cables trailing is simply not an option but I am really struggling to find a good rugged set of wireless mics that can handle abuse. Over the years we have had (to name just a few) Shure / Behringer / JTS / Kam / Skytec and we are currently using Pyle Audio's PDWM5000 4x mic VHF system. See:

https://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PDWM5000/4-Mic-VHF-Wireless-Microphone-System

To be blunt the audio quality is crap but the whole package cost £120 so its not too traumatic if a mic breaks, as they so frequently do!!

My question is; have any of you found a wireless mic set that is reliable (doesn't cut out too much) and hard wearing and not hugely expensive?

I'm so very surprised that the big manufacturers haven't made a ruggedized, rubber-clad unit that can take a good beating!??....

geposted Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 10:14 pm
Get a good wind screen, to cushion the head when dropped, and an anti roll device to put on the mic. This will also help if it's dropped and when they just put it down. Look here. Put it close to the head. I don't know how you use Pyle.

geposted Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 9:20 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
Get a good wind screen, to cushion the head when dropped, and an anti roll device to put on the mic. This will also help if it's dropped and when they just put it down. Look here. Put it close to the head. I don't know how you use Pyle.

Sorry for the delay in replying - thank you for the advice!!

I have sourced some pop filters and have just ordered 3 anti roll collars!! Hopefully this will help reduce any damage!!

The reason we have the Pyle is because (at the time) they were a bargain and we could afford to write them off if damaged. Since writing this thread one has already been pinched and another had the head wrenched off requiring me to solder it bac together again.

Thanks again!!

geposted Sat 18 Nov 17 @ 10:00 am
lamozPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I use vocopro wireless rechargeable mics.
Fairly inexpensive and have had good success with them. If you have a good mixer
with effects , I use a Behringer and can adjust the mic for a good sound.

geposted Tue 21 Nov 17 @ 8:41 pm
Vocopro is a better microphone for karaoke, but will suffer the same damage if constantly dropped. He is looking for a sturdier mic, and I have not seen one. When you have a lot of people using your mics, and they are drinking, they will get dropped. You would just like to minimize the damage. Pyle, is not a good microphone, but I understand you are trying to keep the cost down. I just don't think they are worth the tradeoff. I would even go as far as using foam pipe insulation around the mic, just don't cover the antennae.

geposted Tue 21 Nov 17 @ 9:28 pm
Have you tried gtdaudio.net ?
Replacement handhelds are only $40 if they have to be replaced. You can get up to a 4 mic system. Also work with the owner, explaining you will not allow a person to sing for a few weeks if they have dropped, placed your mic on the floor or damaged your equipment. If they do not agree, consider re-working your contract to hold the venue responsible for damage caused by the patrons.

geposted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 12:31 pm
Yeah, I tried a similar unit this one, but returned because one mic was hard to pair. It worked pretty good for the one gig I used it for. I just did not want to deal with the hassle. I don't do as much karaoke so will take a wait and see. I have two wireless Shure Beta 58s to hold me over.

geposted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 10:06 pm
cleio81PRO InfinityMember since 2012
I have been doing Karaoke forever.
Usually I use the Sure SM58, which is a wired mic, because they are literally immortal. But I can understand why you would need a good wireless mic for that kind of amazing crowd.
Recently I have been using a new wireless mic made by Seismic Audio, It's very new on their product line, and I have been very impressed by the quality of these things. Metal body construction, adjustable frequencies, battery indicators on both the mic and the receiver. The price on these really make them just that much more amazing.
https://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/collections/wireless-microphones/products/sa-u2hhlv2-2-channel-uhf-wireless-microphone-system-with-1-handheld-1-lavalier-microphone
this is the link to the exact one I bought. But they have all kinds of different packages. And you can buy the mics individually for replacement purposes.

I hope this helps. ^-^

geposted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 9:23 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)