Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Controller mapping error

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jamesv1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi

Since the latest update I am having problems with my controllers. The right deck doesn't respond to the pitch slider. I thought the controller was fau.lty so I changed it over to another one but the problem is still there. I also tried both controllers on another PC and still the problem is there. I even removed VDJ from both machines and downloaded it again and installed, still the same. I tried another brand of controller which I hasve as a back up and it works perfectly.

With my relatively limited knowledge of these things, I can only assume that there has been some sort of mapping issue.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

I use an i5-4460 CPU @3.20Ghz PC 16gb ram 64bit OS v1703

VDJ 8.2 b3967

Numark DMC2 controller

Is it possible to revert to the last version to try that?

geposted Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 8:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

geposted Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 9:35 pm
Just went back to 3954 still the same. Weird it has just started this on multiple systems

geposted Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 10:05 pm
windows 10 totally also changed my monitor settings..that last update caused hell in my video card

geposted Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 6:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@jamesv1
Can you test with Miditrace http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe and see what kind of Midi data you are getting ?
When you open Midi Trace, select the unit from both the right lists and then move the right Pitch fader.
Post here a screenshot showing these data

Thanks

EDIT. Ah no, its HID so use this Tool... http://www.virtualdj.com/download/hidtrace.exe
Select the DMC2 from the top drop-down list
Then move the Pitch fader up and down and notice which bytes (should be 2 of them) from the top change values and write down the minimum and the maximum ones you see

geposted Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 9:30 am
Hi

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been offlina a few days.

I downloaded the HID Trace but there was not a DMC2 choice in the dropdown. I tried choosing
from the 3 options there and the TAS 1020a EVM one seemed to respond.

Using the left deck it recorded changes when I moved the slider but there was no response to the right slider.

Again I have tested this on 3 machines using 2 controllers and various leads all with exactly the same result.

geposted Thu 16 Nov 17 @ 11:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Hmm not sure which device is the TAS 1020a EVM , could be the DMC2 and get the name from some chipset. If you want to be sure that this unit is the DMC2 then unplug the unit and then run Hidtrace again and see if this device is still available in the drop-down list .

If the TAS 1020a EVM is the DMC2 unit and you get no data change when moving the right fader, then i am afraid its a hardware fault (again)

One other case could be the fact that the unit is way too old and discontinued and its driver/firmware not compatible with latest OS. But that is something you will have to confirm with Numark.

geposted Thu 16 Nov 17 @ 4:28 pm
Yes I was getting there. I tried this on another 2 controllers and they were fine, total PITA. The DMC2 suited me because of the size.

I have now ordered an MC7000 and case to hold everything. Is it possible to download the VDJ manual for the MC7000, I can only see an online page by page manual

geposted Thu 16 Nov 17 @ 6:12 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)