Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer djm 450 midi problem

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello! Im using virtual dj 7 and I just bought the DJM 450, when I connect my mac to the mixer (in order to use the soundcard) and start VDJ , the mixer seems to send midi signals that controls the software. Is there any way to disable that option and use the mixer only with his souncard?

geposted Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 1:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The DJM-450 is not natively supported, so even if it sends MIDI signals, it shoudnt control the mixer of VDJ, unless you have mapped it as "Simple Midi"
There could be a file in /Devices folder that could conflict though. Do you have files in there ?
In your account stats i see that you have used Pioneer DJM-750. Can you try to remove DJM-750 related files from that folder and try again ?

geposted Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 8:39 pm
I dont think that the djm 750 is the problem... the only file that I have there is Traktor X1.
I think it must be the problem...
when I check for devices that are plug in (in the mappers section) I see that the X1 is in the list (and its not really connected)

So, my only option is to decide between the mixer and the controller? I cant use both?

geposted Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 10:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Still curious on the recent DJM-750 entries in your account usage stats. Any chance you had installed some MIDI port application for that unit like Bome ? This could lead to "Simple MIDI" units to get detected as something else.

It could also be that Traktor X1 definition in /Devices. If you try to remove and only connect DJM-450, is it OK ?
Cant say for sure how both can work together, need to see the first <device> line of the Traktor XML file.. Can you post that here ?

In version 7, you cant "ignore" a specific MIDI controller. Only ignore/block all MIDI, all HID etc from Mapper Options.

BTW, i would strongly advise to use/try Version 8.
- Traktor X1 is natively supported.
- Will not conflict with the DJM-450
- Even though it wont affect mixing since its not mapped/supported, you could still set the DJM-450 to ignore.

geposted Sat 27 Jan 18 @ 4:49 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)