Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How to go to more than -5 seconds before track starts?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ZandirControlleristMember since 2017

geposted Tue 30 Jan 18 @ 5:07 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No, there is no way to do that.

As stated by Adion in that topic, it was designed like that for a reason. So, unless you give us a good reason why you would want to go that far back in the track, it will not be changed

geposted Tue 30 Jan 18 @ 6:18 am
When I made a video using goto to do "prepared beat jump mixing", where you do the mix, and then jump back maybe 16 bars to let VDJ automatically redo the mix 16 bars in the future, I think I hit the limit at one point. So I guess that could be a usecase

geposted Tue 30 Jan 18 @ 8:54 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So that was a "demonstration" case, or is there a real-life scenario where this could be used ? If e.g. you have a button that jumps 64 beats backwards, to help you with some "live" remixing, if VDJ allows to go back that much (beyond the track's start), you will get no music , in fact it protects you from that and the button wont do anything.... or do i miss something ??

geposted Tue 30 Jan 18 @ 10:47 am
djdad wrote :
So that was a "demonstration" case, or is there a real-life scenario where this could be used ? If e.g. you have a button that jumps 64 beats backwards, to help you with some "live" remixing, if VDJ allows to go back that much (beyond the track's start), you will get no music , in fact it protects you from that and the button wont do anything.... or do i miss something ??

For me it was a demo. I don't think I've ever used this mixing technique live
I was just trying to help come up with a use case. Sorry :)

geposted Tue 30 Jan 18 @ 12:01 pm
Could this be done with a POI and maybe a cue point

Put the POI at the beginning of the track, so it says "wait for x amount of time (or x bars) then play" or "...then got to hotcue #1" (etc)

geposted Tue 30 Jan 18 @ 6:29 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)