Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New controller, the Denon MCX8000, and I am getting no sound output.
Hi All, have not been here for a long time.

I just received my new Denon MCX8000 controller, updated the firmware and downloaded the drivers. Using a i7 quadcore win 10 Alienware laptop.

The displays work fine and show what I am playing, the channel meters also work fine. One channel 1 shows on the master output meters. I get no sound out of the Master XRL or RCA outs, the booth out or the headphones out.

Previously I used the Pioneer DDJ-SZ controller without issues.

Granted this could be a controller issue, and I have posted on the Denon Forum, which seems to work at a snails pace. Just thought I would ask here just in case someone else have experienced the same issue.

Thanks!

Balvinder - DJ Bally
Atlanta

geposted Mon 14 May 18 @ 7:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Is your Audio setup as shown here http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/denon/mcx8000/setup.html ?
If not, click on the DENON MCX8000 button you see at the top tab of VDJ Audio setup to get it

Also, since you just got it, so first time using it, make sure the Master Volume, Headphones Volume and Gain knobs are set to an appropriate level

geposted Mon 14 May 18 @ 8:10 pm
Yes, everything as shown except for the output I have selected external mixer, so that I can use 4 channel. This is how I have used my other controller.

Thanks.

Still no sound though.

geposted Mon 14 May 18 @ 9:44 pm
If there's no output to headphones or connectors from both Engine or VDJ it sounds like a hardware fault.

Just return it to your retailer and get another one.

geposted Mon 14 May 18 @ 11:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Audio Setup should be Master & Headphones ad shown in the manual, not external mixer
4 decks are available with the default audio setup too

geposted Tue 15 May 18 @ 5:34 am
Answer: Yeap, same problem, no sound on the master output but after happening a couple times I figured out that it was just a matter of picking up the master volume from zero in VDJ (software) to the actual physical position in the controller (hardware). In other words, turn the master dial from zero to the level you want and you should start getting audio on the output… for some reason, sometimes, vdj resets to zero the master volume position when the controller is turned off, mismatching then with the physical position of the master valine dial in the controller... try it, it worked for me! 💯

I just received my new Denon MCX8000 controller, updated the firmware and downloaded the drivers. The displays work fine and show what I am playing, the channel meters also work fine. One channel 1 shows on the master output meters. I get no sound out of the Master XRL or RCA outs, the booth out or the headphones out.

Previously I used the Pioneer DDJ-SZ controller without issues.

Granted this could be a controller issue, and I have posted on the Denon Forum, which seems to work at a snails pace. Just thought I would ask here just in case someone else have experienced the same issue?

geposted Thu 29 Dec 22 @ 11:38 pm
You stated you just got the MCX8000 as new, I think this controller was discontinued so did you purchase new or used?

geposted Fri 30 Dec 22 @ 10:47 am
Check that Denon ASIO is NOT selected as the default sound card in Windows.

Also are you getting no sound output in both standalone and software modes?

geposted Fri 30 Dec 22 @ 10:52 am