Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Problem releasing loops and continue points

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mjpdjsHome userMember since 2018
Just started using my V8.2 with my Pioneer DDJ-SZ and I am running into a "loop" issue.

To create a loop, it's pretty easy. Use the In, then the Out and you have your loop, but releasing it is challenging. When I press the Out again, it just blinks. I either have to turn it off on the screen or hit the "Auto-Loop" button to release the loop. Well, then a second issue comes up. Once I release the loop it immediately jumps forward in the song instead of starting from the end of the loop.

Anyone know how to fix this issue? Is it a glitch or simply a remapping issue? Thanks in advance!

geposted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 8:07 pm
1) Make sure you turn slip mode off (so that when you exit a loop it won't jump on another location on the track)

2) If you take a closer look at the labels off the DDJ-SZ buttons you'll see that in order to exit a loop you need to actually hold down SHIFT and press the "OUT" button (which is labeled as RELOOP/EXIT on the controller). Of course that's not that much convenient, and that's why the "AUTOLOOP" button will either set, or CANCEL/EXIT a loop among with the manufacturer's original combination of SHIFT+OUT.

3) When a deck is in loop, hitting the IN or OUT buttons will set the jog to "Loop Adjust" mode in order to fine tune the loop in/out points respectively.
That's pretty much the standard operation of any Pioneer unit since the first CDJ's. While the jog is in "Loop Adjust" mode the corresponding leds will blink to notify you for that. That's why when you press OUT while the deck is in loop it starts blinking... It notifies you that you set your jog on "loop out adjust" mode!
While the jog in this mode you can hit the OUT button again to return the jog to normal operation. Normal operation is also resumed when you exit the loop.

4) For further details please take a read on the VirtualDJ Operation Manual of DDJ-SZ: http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsz/index.html

geposted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 8:51 pm
mjpdjsHome userMember since 2018
Thank you! The slip mode & shift modification worked.

I will follow up the second half of your response, but I think I have it set the way I want now. Much appreciated!!

geposted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 11:09 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)