Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can't record a mix with my controller attached to laptop

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I decided to record a few 15 minute mixes to use in venues if i have to leave the dj booth for a ciggy or a wee. If i record just using the laptop with no controller, everything works fine, but if i try to record with the controller plugged into the laptop, and press "start record", "waiting for sound to begin recording" comes up, but when i start playing it doesn't start recording. Any idea, what i'm doing wrong ?

geposted Sat 11 Aug 18 @ 5:28 pm
the winchester wrote :
Any idea, what i'm doing wrong ?

Well you haven't told us what controller you're trying to use, and you haven't shown us your VDJ audio config page, so we can't see if you've got it set correctly.

geposted Sat 11 Aug 18 @ 7:24 pm
The controller i use is a Numark Mixtrack pro 3. As I said, the recording works fine without the controller connected, but of course can only do simple mixes using the mouse to do everything (plus the auto crossfade i put on ) I can't see how to show the audio settings to you. (Not the smartest animal in the zoo when it comes to computers)

geposted Sun 12 Aug 18 @ 6:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Is the audio Setup of VirtualDJ as shown here.. http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/numark/mixtrackpro3/installation.html (last pic) ?

When you start recording...
VirtualDJ checks if any audio signal is received from the channel and sound card assigned to the "record" Input (in Audio setup).
If no "record" is declared, it checks the channel and sound card assigned to "Master".
So make sure the sound card that is assigned as "Master" is properly sending audio.

Also make sure the playing track is audible (check Master Volume, Deck Volume, Gain)

geposted Sun 12 Aug 18 @ 7:05 pm
Hi again Djdad. Yes, the audio settings are exactly as in that last pic. I've been on you-tube looking at some "how to record your mix using vdj8" tutorials and none of them describe with a controller attached, just using the mouse to do crossfade etc ( which i can already do, save and play back.), except for one tutorial, which uses the same controller as mine and a program called Audacity on the laptop. I was hoping there was a setting whereby i could use the controller to do the mix and it gets recorded as it does not using the controller. (if that makes sense) without this Audacity.

geposted Sun 12 Aug 18 @ 8:55 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)