Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Max Pre Load Length

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Just recently noticed that the default setting for "Max Pre Load Length" is set at 29 (Automatic). What does this mean? Does this mean 29 minutes is the max load? I had always previously used a value of 10 for this selection. The online manual does not specifically indicate but to set for -1 or 0. Please advise as this issue may be the cause for music previously skipping, to where for 10 years never had any type of issues with Virtual Dj.

geposted Fri 17 Aug 18 @ 4:32 pm
Yes 29 min is then the max preload. If the track is longer it will still play - the rest will just be loaded when needed.
Automatic means that VDJ has decided that 29 min max preload fits your laptops configuration. But you can still change it if you want

geposted Fri 17 Aug 18 @ 5:53 pm
Thanks for the response.

The setting in my computer is now manually updated to 10 minutes. I was previously having an issue where my software would freeze/skip/stutter for one-two seconds per session. After updating, it appears that my issue may be resolved. Will post here if it occurs again.

geposted Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 12:45 am
Update: I see frequently posts from other users regarding freezing and skipping. As previously posted, I went ahead and updated the pre max load length from (automatic 29) to 10 minutes and this freezing/skipping has appeared to go away... I'm hoping this is my final resolution here for this issue. In previous versions prior to auto, I had it set for 10 minutes.

Windows 10
IBM thinkpad
500gb hard drive
4gb RAM
Numark ASIO soundcard set at 256 latency.
All music in lacie q2 external drive in Windows Media Lossless or MP3

geposted Sat 25 Aug 18 @ 4:46 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)