Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ 1000 FX Feature Not Working
I just bought a DDJ 1000 but the fx feature in not displaying anything and the feature is not working. Is virtual dj 100% compatible or this feature is not available at this moment?

geposted Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 8:18 am

geposted Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 8:29 am
Hi, working with the DDJ1000, can't find any instruction in the unit's 'manuals' section for altering/editing the BEAT FX. I would like to change some of the presets to other effects. Played around in the Controller section of VDJ options and saw some strange things. If you turn the BEAT FX selection knob, and cycle through the effects, sometimes the listed effect says 'on', and sometimes, it will say 'off'. [i.e., FX_SEL_OFF]. Regardless of whether or not this display has any effect on functionality, I would like to know how to change some of these effects. Also, when viewing the drop down menu for the Master Effects on VDJ [which generally changes effect name as you turn the BEAT FX knob], some effects do not work, and on a couple of effects in the list, when clicking the 'gear' icon, the software crashed. In general, the Master Effects area is confusing to me, because you've got the Master Effects list that changes as you turn the BEAT FX knob, but then the drop-down menu for that very section lists a whole host of other effects that are not part of the Master Effects, furthermore, all the effects in the list are turned off, and even the effects that are part of the Master Effects/BEAT FX are showing as turned off, as indicated by the green/no green indicators in the list.
Also, how can I alter the behavior of the platter LEDs? VDJ settings allow me to set my Numark NDX-900s platters to a "rotate" setting. There appear to be 4 separate LEDs in the 1000 platters, can we map them to light sequentially when a track is playing?
I have been using VDJ since ATOMIX 2.0, but I haven't had to map a lot in awhile. Is there an area on the site that will walk me through the entire mapping process? It's changed a bit since I last delved into these kinds of settings. Thanks for your assistance, looking forward to your reply.
[Apologies in advance if I've posted this in the wrong section, please advise if necessary and I'll be happy to comply]

geposted Wed 27 Mar 19 @ 2:42 am
1) In order to change the preset effects for BEAT FX section you need to remap the following keys:

FX_SEL_LOWCUT, FX_SEL_ECHO, FX_SEL_DELAY, FX_SEL_SPIRAL, FX_SEL_REVERB, FX_SEL_TRANS, FX_SEL_ENIGMA, FX_SEL_FLANGER, FX_SEL_PHASER, FX_SEL_PITCH, FX_SEL_SLIPROLL, FX_SEL_ROLL, FX_SEL_MOBIUSSAW and FX_SEL_MOBIUSTRI

For best results you should keep the current script of those buttons and only change the effect name with the desired one.
Example FX_SEL_ENIGMA:
Original script: deck master effect_select 'distortion' & effect_select 'sampler' 'distortion' & deck all effect_select 'distortion'
New script: deck master effect_select 'flanjet' & effect_select 'sampler' 'flanjet' & deck all effect_select 'flanjet'

2) By it's design DDJ-1000 allows you to apply only one beat effect at the time, on one deck or master.
That's what the default mapper does. Also the mapper does not follow any list. It uses the effects that are closer to the units silkscreen.
Also, the effect(s) won't turn on until you press the FX_ON button, no matter if they are on a deck or master.
Finally, switching from one effect to another with the FX_SELECT knob will stop the previous effect if it was active.
VirtualDJ DOES support multiple effects at once on decks or master or even both. However the MAPPING of DDJ-1000 does not, because of the design and philosophy of the unit.

3) The leds of the jogs of DDJ-1000 cannot be controlled individually. That's a firmware/design limitation. You can control their brightness, turn them on or of, or blink them ALL together at once but nothing more.

http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddj1000/layout/mixer.html#effects

geposted Wed 27 Mar 19 @ 9:12 am
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I appreciate the info !
[apologies for not posting my thanks nearly as fast]

geposted Tue 02 Apr 19 @ 2:00 am
why my color fx and the beat fx of my pioneer ddj 1000 srt do not work on my virtual dj

geposted Mon 14 Mar 22 @ 12:33 am
Plzzz help me

geposted Mon 14 Mar 22 @ 12:36 am
DDJ-1000SRT works different than DDJ-1000

In DDJ-1000SRT for the effects to be audible you need to apply the correct audio setup, which is the sound to be routed via the controller itself.
The DDJ-1000SRT effects are HARDWARE effects. This means that the hardware of the controller is applying them on the audio it receives from the software.
If you use a wrong audio setup (or you try to listen to the sound through your laptop speakers e.t.c.) then the effects will NOT be audible.

geposted Mon 14 Mar 22 @ 10:26 am
Thank you so much

geposted Mon 14 Mar 22 @ 8:24 pm