Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video PoolS - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Xtendamix is an established excellent video pool however it has a new rival in Europe called Wemix. The latter is offering 15 free videos and a free 2 week trial period. Both pools combine well.

www.wemix.eu

geposted Sat 01 Sep 18 @ 12:56 pm
They want you to register on the site before you can see the pricing. Hmmm...

geposted Sat 01 Sep 18 @ 1:08 pm
More or less the same as Xtendamix..but with many videos that they don't have!
I've just got my 15 videos and I'm very impressed. They both will get my business.

geposted Sat 01 Sep 18 @ 1:12 pm
WeMixVJPRO InfinityWeMix FounderMember since 2018
Thanks for you support @bigron1 - very much appreciated!

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know -
We have an opening offer of 15 free videos when you sign up so you can check out our service for yourself.

Our starting package is £25/€32 (incl. VAT) for 40 videos....

Every week, we are having "WeMaster Wednesday", where we release at least 200 videos that have been remastered with studio quality audio and 4:3 and letterbox videos have added borders so they fill the 16:9 screens.

Kind regards,
Mark

geposted Sun 16 Sep 18 @ 7:49 pm
I tried your service Mark and downloaded 15 random music videos.

Out of that 15 only four of them were actually usable without modification. Not nearly as good as Xtendamix. Some of the files had very poor audio quality.

Above that, your coloured logo is really intrusive so I won't be signing up unfortunately.

Keith

geposted Sun 16 Sep 18 @ 8:14 pm
Kradcliff made an interesting comment about audio quality. I have just accepted inferior audio quality with videos..prior to using video I was starting to use flac. I have not done a comprehensive scan of my videos for audio quality however I have not noticed much which was unacceptable. I subscribe to both pools but have only recently started using Wemix. Some of the Wemix video content is vastly superior to Xtendamix. After using both Xtendamix is still my main pool but I'm glad to have Wemix. Both are important to all UK DJ's (even non video !).
I now have quite a bit of experience using large house pa systems and have concluded that pristine flac audio quality is not necessary. I'm surprised by what is acceptable! The thing is that echo/reverb can be added to vocals or a track but natural large venue echo cannot be removed. This then alters the sound of the track removing some of the clarity along with background noise...and I really don't need much added echo/reverb on a singers vocals. Cher's song Believe being one of the few exceptions since her voice is subjected to heavy effects. Cough..she did not like her very popular song !

geposted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 11:39 am
Most of the newer videos are fine however it's older ones that have the problem.

A lot of the time I have to load the downloaded video in to Premiere Elements and overlay the audio track with the original MP3 file.

You really shouldn't have to do that as the video pool should do that very thing when mastering. It also looks like a lit of the WeMix videos are pretty much ripped directly off Youtube to be honest.

geposted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 1:04 pm
YouTube videos are only around 128kbps mp3 quality..which is why i use pools but they also keep us legal. I still want to be above 192kbps quality. The original recording is critical since if that is poor stuff like 320kbps mp3 and flac won't help.
I'm happy to play something like an old black and white Dean Martin video complete with all sorts of audio artifacts since they lend an original real feel. People understand that these recordings are often 60 years old. They don't really need remastering. Incidentally it then highlights the changes in recorded music particularly the bass.

I've just checked a random 3 80's Wemix video files and the audio quality spectrum / listen test suggests there around 320kbps mp3?

..and yes Kradcliffe being able to add/replace an audio track to a video is important. I may as well add that my favourite free video editor which easily replaces the audio when needed is Avidemux.

geposted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 1:40 pm
The point I'm trying to make is that a lot of the original "master" recordings of the video are poorer than the actual track themselves. Some may be from poor video recordings or from VHS for example.

Whack on vintage TV and you'll see what I mean.

geposted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 1:51 pm
Older video tracks are nearly always 4 by 3 which creates problematic bars to the left and right on wide-screen hardware. SBDJ has been remarkable busy with the help of the Development Team and one of the things they produced is the video bars effect which create transparent coloured side bars which makes things look good. So you tint the sides of a wide screen video whilst making a 4 by 3 video acceptable. This should be a VDJ built in effect along with the more sophisticated addon for positioning and scaling logos. Perhaps they could be bought from the creators?

geposted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 2:34 pm
What kradcliffe is trying to say, is that in his experience, the videos that he got from this site were not up to par. You like the quality, so you have different opinions. I believe he has been doing video a lot longer, so I don't thing you will change his mind.

geposted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 3:08 am
It's clear to everyone what he's saying.
I don't think it needs your clarification.
Also I suspect he just got 15 free tracks and on that basis formed his opinion.
His opinions on audio quality are no better than mine which is what is in question.
Perhaps you don't like me mentioning free sofware?
Perhaps you don't like me helping newbies?
There is something "strange" about this forum.

geposted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 6:38 am
The only thing strange around here is you Ron.

geposted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 8:30 am
So many negative comments from you people..can you make a few more helpful positive comments ?
Both pools are of use to UK DJ's.
Newbies need help.

I would suggest the £25 monthly subscription for 40 videos with Wemix since it may be better used as a supplement and £40 with Extendamix for 100 videos since the latter is better. Other deals are available for larger numbers of videos. When you want you can stop and start subscriptions. Both are excellent value.
I have around 20,000 mp3's but now almost totally use video.

geposted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 8:46 am
I had a positive comment but trying to change someone's mind when they've made it up is like trying to tell a kid who's discovered a new toy that there is a better one than the one they have, but they will still think that theirs is just fine the way it is. even if it isn't.

geposted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 9:31 am
DJ's can have a look and make up their own minds.Whats the problem?
As I say I'm delighted with some Wemix videos. I do preview them before downloading.

I'm sure some of you more experianced video DJ's can suggest even better EU video pools?

Hm..logo's thanks!

geposted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 9:50 am
Here's another pool http://www.thevideopool.com/ at which I'm looking.
It looks ok for modern music and they give you a "5 free videos" trial.

geposted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 5:34 pm
Hm..I've been a bit stupid.

...as used by Atomix this is probably the best pool https://www.vj-pro.net/
I'd bet that this is the one most used by the experienced video DJ's. It does serve the UK and EU while focusing on the USA. There is a delay while they consider your application to register. Excellent value for money!

Since becoming a video DJ I've bought around 4500 videos in 2 years and regard this as a very wise invesment. I still need more but it's going well.

All the pools offer useful videos to the DJ !

geposted Wed 19 Sep 18 @ 7:25 am
WeMixVJPRO InfinityWeMix FounderMember since 2018
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, apologies if I broke any rules - my intention was just to help people with any perceived problems... Maybe VDJ could consider creating a "professional" tier of user, which would be open to members of the industry providing services/products to DJs/VJs, so that they who can provide contact details to VDJ users who are having challenges so solutions can be found?

Keith - if you have any problems with any of our videos you can report these and we will look into your concerns and deal with them. In my opinion, the WeMix logo is far less intrusive than the chyron used by the other services so not too sure what your beef here is - each to their own? You also make some very serious allegations in one of your posts - I will ask for your comments to be removed by the moderator as they are patently untrue...

If anyone else has any comments or concerns, please let me know.

Best regards,

Mark

geposted Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 9:18 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
kradcliffe wrote :
Most of the newer videos are fine however it's older ones that have the problem.

A lot of the time I have to load the downloaded video in to Premiere Elements and overlay the audio track with the original MP3 file.

You really shouldn't have to do that as the video pool should do that very thing when mastering. It also looks like a lit of the WeMix videos are pretty much ripped directly off Youtube to be honest.

I agree with you with booth quality of video and audio on older videos.
Some files looks like rips from YT.
Needed to do exactly what you did, but with Premiere Pro and overlay / replace the audio to better quality, I have done some video tuning on some files too.

They do have a big library ;)

geposted Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 3:27 pm
47%