Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Would be happy if VIRTUALDJ was also available in the Microsoft Store - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

pakebuschr wrote :
Virtual DJ works also perfectly well as a download from the Store,
There's no need to have it on current host. :)

Why not both?

Why ? THAT is the question.

geposted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 8:46 pm
Maybe for those on that crappy watered down version of windows 10 that can't install apps outside the walled garden?

geposted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 8:52 pm
already replied why I prefer store apps

P.s.
I'd understand people cry out loud only if we'd say we want it ONLY in the store, but we're in democracy and give options is the best thing ever

geposted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 8:58 pm
Because:
-customers want it,
-Benefits are known/have already been discussed here,
-it does not bring any disadvantages to anyone,
-the question Because does not actually arise, but only if and when.

geposted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 10:30 pm
pakebuschr wrote :
Because:
-customers want it,

I guess a Non Licensed user is a customer? even though you have spent no money for the software...

what about the people who have paid $299 for the software that are saying..... We don't really need this.

The only thing i can see happening if this were to happen is slow or even delayed updates....... I say NO

geposted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 10:56 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Isn’t there a restricted version for Mac on its App Store? I would expect a similar requirement for some modification for the MS Store.

This likely means the developers have a multitude of builds to worry about. And the MS Store option would make it more complicated.

For what it’s worth, I am happy with the current distribution model and see no need to put this in the store and make the developer’s lives more difficult. And I definitely don’t want to be forced to the use MS Store, even if it is available there!

geposted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 11:07 pm
An unlicensed user customer is a potential customer and in the store money is more likely to be spent on the software.

For people who paid $299 for the software, nothing changes.

This sees a uniform and fast update distribution, ... I say YES

As everyone here realizes, there are simply no significant reasons to speak against it.

geposted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 11:10 pm
Isn’t there a restricted version for Mac on its App Store? I would expect a similar requirement for some modification for the MS Store.

This likely means the developers have a multitude of builds to worry about. And the MS Store option would make it more complicated.

For what it’s worth, I am happy with the current distribution model and see no need to put this in the store and make the developer’s lives more difficult. And I definitely don’t want to be forced to the use MS Store, even if it is available there!

the developer small effort will be just the first time to package for the store, afterwards they don't need extra effort every time they'll implement some changes.

Once again nobody will be forced to use the MS store, they can keep distribute the app in both ways

P.S.
Funny that when is up to ios, android, mac os, chromes os… everybody is fine to use the store, when it come to MS they hate it

geposted Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 7:41 am
pakebuschr wrote :
there are simply no significant reasons to speak against it.

There are no significant reasons to have VDJ on there either.

VDJ has been available here for many years, and millions of people have downloaded it. On the other hand, the MS store has only been around for a very short time, and from Atomix's POV it would offer no advantage to have VDJ available there. It would just make things more awkward.

I just checked on the store to see if Traktor, Serato or Rekordbox are on there. No they're not. I wonder why they chose not be there? See above.

It looks to me as if most of the stuff on there is either MS software, or really basic apps written by beginners hoping to make a few $$$.

geposted Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 6:05 pm
The main reasons to have VDJ there were given.

"I just checked on the store to see if Traktor, Serato or Rekordbox are on there. No they're not. I wonder why they chose not be there?"
- You've already called the reason, ... "the MS store has only been around for a very short time", other DJ Software are already given,

"It looks to me as if most of the stuff on there is either MS software, or really basic apps written by beginners hoping to make a few $$$."
- MS has developed xxx thousand of apps?
- for example Photoshop Elements is a basic app "written by beginners hoping to make a few $$$"?

geposted Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 6:29 pm
pakebuschr wrote :
Photoshop Elements

OK congratulations. You found software by one of the big providers - but it's not one of their main programs is it? It's a more basic cut down version.

It would be very easy to prove that the vast majority of major software is not available on that store, but I can't be bothered to post a list of all the software that's not on there. You already know that's the case.

[later]I just read the wikipedia page about the MS store. Here's another very good reason why it makes no sense for Atomix to put VDJ on there - Microsoft take 30%.

The page also says that most sellers on there only have one app, which backs up what I said about beginners or basic sofware.

geposted Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 6:45 pm
Krita, Kodi, Paint.NET, MS Office, WPS Office, MP3Tag, WinSCP, DOSBox Games, Skype, Slack, Teams, iTunes, Spotify, Tidal, Amazon Music, photoshop elements... and they are FULL program, NOT A BASIC CUT DOWN version

also the 30% to MS is old news, now they take less, if I'm not wrong 10%

p.s.
never fully trust wikipedia

geposted Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 7:30 pm
dontbeevil wrote :
MS Office, Skype

Well there's a surprise. Who owns these apps I wonder .........

geposted Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 7:55 pm
dontbeevil wrote :
they are FULL program, NOT A BASIC CUT DOWN version

Honestly? Is that list supposed to impress me? I've never heard of most of those programs.

Face facts - the vast majority of software vendors sell their wares from their own site, not the MS store.

geposted Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 8:20 pm
This means that you have so far escaped many of the best and most popular programs from the web, a good fortune since you have found to VirtualDJ.

The fact is, you had already become aware of the programs in the store or found them in one of the categories.

geposted Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 9:30 pm
*MS Office, Skype
*Well there's a surprise. Who owns these apps I wonder .........

what a surprise, you skipped most of them

*This means that you have so far escaped many of the best and most popular programs from the web, a good fortune since you have found to VirtualDJ.
*The fact is, you had already become aware of the programs in the store or found them in one of the categories.

so does it means that things cannot change? no worries if you want, 90s are calling

geposted Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 9:17 am
Well why doesn't someone from Atomix give us the reason they don't host it in the M$ store.

That would settle the debate.

geposted Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 9:20 am
@dontbeevil:

Sorry, my bad English twisted the sense.
I thought he missed the programs and probably would have already come to the attention of the Microsoft Store.

geposted Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 11:40 am
*@dontbeevil:
*Sorry, my bad English twisted the sense.
*I thought he missed the programs and probably would have already come to the attention of the Microsoft Store.

not your fault, actually I quoted the wrong message, I'll fix that :)

this forum is really old, not only quote doesn't want to work properly, but I cannot edit the previuos message anymore... here there is the proper quote

*Honestly? Is that list supposed to impress me? I've never heard of most of those programs.
*Face facts - the vast majority of software vendors sell their wares from their own site, not the MS store.

so does it means that things cannot change? no worries if you want, 90s are calling

geposted Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 1:36 pm
dontbeevil wrote :

this forum is really old

It dates back many years, but it does get updated sometimes. However, there are restrictions for those who do not have a license...

geposted Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 5:36 pm
98%