Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Scripting - debug only works once

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

As per title. When trying to debug scripts, the debug command seems to only fire once after opening the program. I have to close it and reopen to make it fire again.

geposted Mon 01 Oct 18 @ 11:31 pm
pabmeister wrote :
As per title. When trying to debug scripts, the debug command seems to only fire once after opening the program. I have to close it and reopen to make it fire again.

Did you find a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem :-(

Robin

geposted Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 11:29 am
If you post your script, one of the experts here can look at it and tell you where the problem is...

geposted Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 4:52 pm
Hi groovindj,

I am one of probably dozens of lurkers here who want to try scripting but are too embarrassed at the low quality of their scripting to show very much :-(

The scripting is to enable automatically created "Music Quiz" games, whereby a number of songs in a randomised order are played for (say) 10 seconds each during which the contestants try to guess the song title and artist, followed by a (say) 5 second period where the tile and artist tags are faded in then out on a suitable video skin. This repeats for (say) 10 songs which then concludes the game.

I've modified one of the video skins in "Title GFX" created by dj-in-norway which will display on screen the required text for the required lengths of time.

I am now trying to create a script/scripts which will allow Virtual DJ to load a number (many hundreds/low thousands) of songs into Automix from a pre-determined folder. I'm thinking of using a USB drive containing my entire "Now that's what I call Music" collection, but I'd like to be able to add or remove albums on the drive and have them in/excluded in the game for variation.

I'm thinking possibly 2 scripts, one to load/refresh the songs from the USB drive into Automix on a button, and a second to start/stop the game.

I have copied and slightly mutilated a suggestion from locodogs on these pages which will incrementally add the contents of the 'songs' window to the 'Automix' window, but it now doesn't seem to work reliably or repeatably:

browser_gotofolder 'I:\Root_Folder' &
recurse_folder &
repeat_start 'rsWait' 100ms 1 &
browser_window 'songs' &
browser_scroll 'top' &
repeat_start_instant 'rsiScrollAdd' 33ms &
playlist_add &
browser_scroll 'bottom' ? repeat_stop 'rsiScrollAdd' : browser_scroll +1

I was trying to use the 'debug' verb to display the values of various variables throughout the running of the script to see where I was going wrong. A debug console popped up with lines such as: "Text: browser_scroll"; when what I really wanted to see was the value of browser_scroll.

Any suggestions or help will be gratefully received as long as you assume that I am an idiot :-)

DominoDog

geposted Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 2:52 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)