Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rolled back to 8.2, runs perfect.. 2018 .. runs terrible

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Top spec 2017 dell gaming laptop, new I7 16 gig ram, 4 gig video card. Run 2018 and I stand in a state of fear for the restart or crash and no restart. Rolled back to 8.2 and ran 2 nights (17 hours total) with no problems at all. Before the rollback I had at least two crashes a weekend. My video's ran flawless as well and I run mostly videos. On the 2018 version my milkdrop would not run properly and my logos would move all over the screen from time to time when milkdrop activated, 8.2 not a single hiccup.

geposted Tue 02 Oct 18 @ 8:24 pm
When VDJ8.2 came out for the first time, I had the same problem, crashes and crashes. I was instructed by the VDJ Team Members to update the video driver, but not true windows update, but directly from the manufacturer, so I did. After that all crashes dissappear, I was running a windows laptop with the minimum recomended for VDJ, and it ran like a charm.

Maybe is not your case, maybe it is. Hope you can sort out your issue and take advantage of any new features VDJ has to offer.

Just my 2 cents.

geposted Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 12:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@burnyabad what is the Video card of your computer ? Does your computer have a dual graphics card (on-board Intel & dedicated NVidia) ?

geposted Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 5:10 pm
Yes Dad, I have a duel card, intel main nvidia gaming gtx 1050

geposted Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 8:54 pm
When u run VDJ, do you right-click and choose to run with nVidia graphics processor ? Have you tried VDJ 2018 that way ?
One other thing that you may check is the case the Shaders were enabled (they do by default on first launch), and some may be heavy for your builtin gpu.

geposted Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 2:43 am
I have a couple of Dell Precision M6600 laptop (circa 2012) running VDJ 2018 (v4514) without any problem (HD video, logo, milkdrop, shader, TM, TV plugins with 2 cameras). Very stable with a normally 1 bar out of 9 CPU loading using the Focus skin. Second gen quad core I7 and NVidia Quadro 4000M GPU.

It was problematic when I first used it with VDJ 8.0 until I disable Dell's Optimus Technology feature where it autonomously switch between the on-board Intel graphics chip and the dedicated NVidia GPU in order to optimize battery power consumption. This is a moot feature for DJing because the ac power adapter/ charger is always connected anyways.

On power up, use F2 key to access the BIOS setting. Look for Optimus Technology (I do not know what it's called now) and disable it. Default is enabled state.

This may not be the cause of @burnyabad's problem because it works when switched back to 8.2 but it's worth trying.

geposted Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 4:55 am
Dad, I have setup the nvidia to run when vdj launches and use the nvidia card. I have always done so. The crash logs indicated video issues weeks ago, and sound distortion crops up when running 2018. I reformatted, did a clean Windows install, clean vdj install and it was good for 1 weekend. Subsequent 3 weekends were a nightmare with random vdj crashes that did not recover. Switched back to 8.2 and stable.

geposted Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 4:13 pm
Just a note, I play 7 to 8 hour gigs every night during a weekend, so it's scary to have this happening

geposted Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 4:14 pm
Just an update. another weekend without a single problem running 8.2. 12 hours total.

geposted Sun 07 Oct 18 @ 7:09 pm
Sounds like the same issues im dealing with..... Distortion and clipping after a few hours off playing...

geposted Sun 07 Oct 18 @ 8:17 pm
Yes, I think the developers are looking into this. My guess is windows 10 and some video drivers are not playing nicely with the new coding in vdj2018. LIke I stated earlier, after a wipe and reload with windows 10, and a fresh install with 2018, I made it 1 week before the same exact issues cropped up, clipping, popping and distortion, and the crashes that did not recover with videos playing. Loaded last version of 8.2 and it's been smooth sailing like it always was.

geposted Mon 08 Oct 18 @ 2:36 pm
just a note, switched to latest release last night for 2 hours, crashed. switched back to 8.2 for 5 hours and ran perfect. Just giving some updates. cheers.

geposted Sat 13 Oct 18 @ 11:07 pm
If you are willing to do another test (and help us understand the issue), would propose to install and try VirtualDJ 64-bit version, unless of course you miss any critical Plugin for your shows.

geposted Sun 14 Oct 18 @ 9:54 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The reliability (7 hour sets with graphic effects all over the place) of VDJ 8.2 is awesome ! That makes it so hard to move on to VDJ 8.3. Milkdrop is still a viable alternative to shaders. Yep.. the 64 bit VDJ is the target.

Kudos to Microsoft for Win 10 reliability..as yet. Those updates make me twitch.

geposted Mon 15 Oct 18 @ 9:53 am
djdad wrote :
If you are willing to do another test (and help us understand the issue), would propose to install and try VirtualDJ 64-bit version, unless of course you miss any critical Plugin for your shows.

I am primarily a video dj, I use milk drop because it is incredible visually, and I run 7 tv screens in the bar. Shaders are pretty, but are not random, and are just so 2011 serato style. I moved away from serato because of this. Going 64 bit removes milkdrop, I just cant leave something so integral to my dj experience when I do not have a video playing.

However, I will run my backup laptop 64 bit this weekend intermittently, and see if I have issues. I run a ddj-rz with duel usb, so i can run back and forth to test.

geposted Mon 15 Oct 18 @ 6:03 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)