Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Tidal - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Tidal anyone used that yet?

geposted Thu 25 Oct 18 @ 9:05 am
No, I use Deezer, because it's been fully integrated i VDJ for a while now
It also has more content that Tidal

geposted Thu 25 Oct 18 @ 10:07 am
Does virtual dj accept Tidal yet as serato has it and I want to use it in virtual dj 8 ???

geposted Sat 29 Dec 18 @ 2:38 pm
I've been using tidal with set to for about a week and it seems to work well even when I connect it to my phone's internet via hotspot it loads tracks fast and doesn't have any issues. This is why I wanna use it with virtual dj but there doesn't seem to be a button to add it yet so virtual dj can u add tidal to the software pls as it's really cool

geposted Sat 29 Dec 18 @ 2:41 pm
Why? Just because Serato has it?

Deezer is available in Virtual DJ. Why not try it out? You can sign up for a three month trial.

geposted Sat 29 Dec 18 @ 2:49 pm
Because it's really cool, that's why he wants it. I can't stop laughing. I find Deezer to be very effective, and works in the software that I use. I've never tried Tidal, but would be curious to compare their catalogs. Well, not that curious as I only use streaming for the very rare occasion that I don't have the track. Then I end up buying it anyway.

geposted Mon 31 Dec 18 @ 12:12 am
As usual, the Tidal service can't be used at gigs anyway:

Quote :
The Services shall be for private use only and use of the Services in commercial or public settings is not permitted.

geposted Mon 31 Dec 18 @ 11:41 am
I use tidal off my phones internet and it works perfectly at gigs for me.

Mod capslock off please

geposted Fri 01 Feb 19 @ 12:10 am
That's great for you.

geposted Fri 01 Feb 19 @ 3:03 pm
MRDJFRESH wrote :
it works perfectly at gigs for me.

It might work - but it's illegal.

geposted Fri 01 Feb 19 @ 4:06 pm
Groovin, he's not trying to hear that.

geposted Sat 02 Feb 19 @ 1:08 am
how is it illigal if i'm paying for a subscription ?. i do the same thing with serato and never have any legal issues so please explain. not being rude just curious to the facts ?

geposted Thu 07 Mar 19 @ 12:28 pm
You got the answer already:
groovindj wrote :
As usual, the Tidal service can't be used at gigs anyway:

Quote :
The Services shall be for private use only and use of the Services in commercial or public settings is not permitted.

geposted Thu 07 Mar 19 @ 2:59 pm
MRDJFRESH wrote :
how is it illigal if i'm paying for a subscription ?

Because their terms and conditions specifically state that it's for personal use only - just the same as Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music etc. etc.

They're all consumer services, for people to use at home. Not for DJs to save money on buying music for gigs.

In the case of Tidal when it was added to Serato, because I couldn't find anything that said it could be used at gigs, I actually contacted Tidal and asked. If you're working professionally you should have done the same - not just blindy go ahead and use it.

geposted Thu 07 Mar 19 @ 5:33 pm
Only if its keeping up with the jones's, I think VDJ should support Tidal, pretty please anyone?

geposted Sat 28 Mar 20 @ 9:25 pm
Rune has hinted that it's on the way.

geposted Sat 28 Mar 20 @ 9:43 pm
My experiments with SoundCloud and Deezer indicate that the low-bitrate files that are used sound bad. Perhaps Tidal might be better?

geposted Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 12:03 am
Anyone using tidal yet ? Does anyone know if you can play files inside VDJ without internet connection? Can they be cashed and play after without wi fi , and can you play them legally wth Vdj or they are for personal use?

geposted Mon 21 Sep 20 @ 8:39 am

geposted Mon 21 Sep 20 @ 8:40 am
Stamat B wrote :
Anyone using tidal yet ? Does anyone know if you can play files inside VDJ without internet connection? Can they be cashed and play after without wi fi , and can you play them legally wth Vdj or they are for personal use?

- No, there is no offline caching option
- The agreement on what you can use it for is really between you and Tidal when you sign up for it. As I understand it it's for personal use just like Deezer. But have a look at Tidals T&C: https://tidal.com/terms
EDIT: I found something in section 8 of the Tidal T&C: "You have no right to play or perform any of the Service Content in public."

I did a quick video on the VDJ Tidal integration a few days ago:

geposted Mon 21 Sep 20 @ 9:26 am
48%