Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SoundCloud Integration - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I've seen some tweets from SoundCloud promoting Serato integration. An article in October suggested it would be coming to all major software. Is there any news on VDJ integration in the near future or has Serato secured exclusivity?

geposted Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 9:40 pm
Coming real soon ;) next update or so..

geposted Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 9:45 pm
any news on SoundCloud integration

geposted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 7:13 pm
There haven't been any program updates so therefore no news.

geposted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 7:27 pm
It's Been awhile still no news yet on this service?

geposted Mon 11 Feb 19 @ 2:30 pm
Any updates? I'm excited for this! :D

geposted Tue 05 Mar 19 @ 3:07 am
Thought I read earlier tonight it was now integrated but the post has been removed?

Don't remember seeing anything in the changelogs.

geposted Wed 06 Mar 19 @ 10:39 pm
same. started searching and still confused. maybe a W.I.P.?

geposted Wed 06 Mar 19 @ 10:56 pm
Probably in a beta that's not gone EA yet.

geposted Wed 06 Mar 19 @ 11:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Still in testing indeed, should be available shortly.

geposted Thu 07 Mar 19 @ 11:59 am
Thank you for the feedback, greatly appreciated.

geposted Thu 07 Mar 19 @ 12:00 pm
.....and will this be legal to use commercially, or is it just personal use?

It almost seems to me that this vital information is being deliberately withheld by Serato, SoundCloud, Tidal etc. as none of the info/web pages about the integration of these services states clearly one way or the other!

Many DJs will just assume that because it's been added to the software, they can use it freely - which is probably not the case.

geposted Thu 07 Mar 19 @ 6:08 pm
@Groovin

I can see its a personal mission of yours to highlight the legality of these services, and I agree with you..... but who is ever going to find out?

In the UK specifically PRS/PPL/MCPS or whatever they call themselves this week rarely visit premises and its not an issue for local authorities or the police.... so who really cares about enforcement of legal content?

I can bet 99 per cent of VDJ Deezer users have played tracks at a gig. Most of the VDJ users I know are using a cracked version of the software as well and karaoke collections bought off eBay.

Just let it go.

geposted Thu 07 Mar 19 @ 6:13 pm
I'm just looking for clarity one way or the other. If I can't find out, neither can others.

I know some people don't give a stuff and will use it regardless, but when it's not being made clear to people by the providers, surely that's a legal issue too. They're not making it clear to the end users how the product/service can be used.

Atomix have done their bit by adding text to the Deezer icon in VDJ, but I've just been looking at the Serato, Tidal and SoundCloud pages about their integration......and there's nothing. It's almost like they're encouraging people to use it illegally!

geposted Thu 07 Mar 19 @ 6:26 pm
But refer to my point above. Who is going to know and who would challenge the legality of music being played at a gig?

geposted Thu 07 Mar 19 @ 6:31 pm
The likelihood of being caught (or not) doesn't make it alright. "Oh I'm just gonna do it because I'm not gonna get caught" is not the right attitude.

I realise I'm not going to personally put an end to dodgy DJs, and I'm not trying to - but when these companies add the services to their products without telling their users about their correct use, it's surely against trading wossnames.

geposted Thu 07 Mar 19 @ 7:00 pm
groovindj wrote :
.....and will this be legal to use commercially, or is it just personal use?

Atomix? Can you answer please?

geposted Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 6:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You need a SoundCloud Go+ subscription, so the same terms and conditions apply. (So personal use only afaik)

geposted Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 6:56 pm
There are no specific details on the Soundcloud Go T&Cs page, or the normal Soundcloud T&Cs page.

What I did find though is a 'copyright' link on the main site, that basically says it's between the uploader and the downloader/streamer.

Looks like they don't want to get involved, and they leave it to the uploader to specify if the track can be used commercially - and the downloader/streamer to check (which they probably won't).

Thanks Adion

geposted Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 7:10 pm
Why don't you use BPM Supreme?

geposted Mon 18 Mar 19 @ 10:31 pm
91%