Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ESI Maya 44 USB+ - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I am having a problem with setting this up. The manufacturer is in Germany, I don't speak German. The website does not have technical help. Not much help on Youtube. No real Forums. Can someone help me. Please.

geposted Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 8:18 pm
You're going to have to give much more detail than just saying you're "having a problem".

geposted Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 8:26 pm
I am using the Numark NDX 800 CD/controllers (2 of hem) and Vestax mixer. The RCA cables are wired through the Maya and then wired to channel 1 and 2 of the mixer. The problem is that both 800 are coming out of 1 channel.

geposted Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 9:08 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
picture [screenshot] of you audio config please

geposted Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 9:18 pm
I drew up the configuration but not sure how to insert the screenshot of it.

geposted Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 10:08 pm
You have a set of hardware for DJing (two CD players and a mixer) so where does the MAYA come in?

Vestax mixer - which one?

The RCA cables are "wired through the Maya" - what do you mean by that? RCA cables from what/where? The outputs of each NDX? Why are you feeding the NDX audio into the MAYA? The cables go to the MAYA and the mixer? What?

You need to explain in detail what you're trying to do.

geposted Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 10:22 pm
I'm not sure what the model number is for the mixer but it's an older one which doesn't have an internal sound card. The Maya is wired in-between the NDX and the mixer. So the RCA outputs of the ndx feed into the input of the Maya. Then the output of the Maya feed into the mixer. So the left and right channel of one of the ndx units feeds into input 1 and 2 of the Maya. The left and right channel of the other ndx unit is feeding into the input 3 and 4 of the Maya. Subsequently, output 1 and 2 of the Maya is feeding into channel one of the mixer and output 3 and 4 is feeding into Channel 2. I'm setting up the system so that I can use Virtual DJ with the ndx controllers and be able to play CDs with the ndx controller. The problem is that when I play a CD on both and the X units, the music only comes out of Channel One, even though one of the ndx is connected to Channel 2.

geposted Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 10:54 pm
To clarify, both songs play out of Channel one. So its seems like both NDX units are wired to channel one, even though they are not. So there must be a setting in the software for the Maya that needs to be changed/corrected. I tried playing around with the settings in the software but it did not solve the problem.

geposted Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 11:13 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008

geposted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 5:12 am
You don't need to connect the audio outputs of the NDXs to the MAYA.

Assuming that you're using the NDXs as controllers for VDJ (they don't appear to have a USB audio interface), you need to connect USB cables from each NDX to the computer, so that the NDXs control the decks in VDJ. Then you need to set VDJ to external mixer mode and send the outputs of each VDJ (software) deck to two channels of the MAYA - example: Deck A to MAYA 1 & 2. Deck B to MAYA 3 &4. Then you connect the outputs of the MAYA to the mixer - 1 & 2 to channel A and 3 & 4 to channel B.

That way, the NDXs control VDJ (start, stop etc) and the audio from VDJ goes via the MAYA to your mixer.

When playing CDs you'll have to feed the RCA outs from the NDXs directly to your mixer (since you've not given details I don't how how many channels it has).

geposted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 5:15 pm

geposted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 5:22 pm
It's a 2 channel mixer with phono/line options.

geposted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 5:34 pm
user18613022 wrote :
I need to run the RCA through an external sound card

Yes - the outputs from VDJ go via the audio interface to the mixer. The NDX audio does not feed into the MAYA or VDJ.

geposted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 5:43 pm
So the NDXs connect to the laptop, via usb cable, to control VDJ. Then the computer connects to the maya, via usb cable. Then the outputs of the maya connect to the external mixer?

geposted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 5:58 pm
You got it. The NDXs just control VDJ. No audio comes from the NDXs. The audio comes from VDJ to the mixer.

Playing CDs though, the audio will come from the NDXs.

geposted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 6:01 pm
So the laptop will need 3 usb connections? If the output from maya (rca left and right x 2) connects to the mixer, there will be no room to connect the rca output from the NDX into the mixer to play CD.

geposted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 6:33 pm
user18613022 wrote :
So the laptop will need 3 usb connections?

Yes. NDX x 2 and MAYA.

user18613022 wrote :
there will be no room to connect the rca output from the NDX into the mixer to play CD

So buy a four channel mixer, or rip your CDs to MP3 and play them from VDJ. :-)

geposted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 6:42 pm
Is there anyway to not install the maya? Will a different mixer, with usb connections, work?

geposted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 6:48 pm
Still 3 USB connections (NDX1, NDX2, Mixer). If you bought a controller instead - one USB connection handles control of VDJ, plus master and headphone audio.

geposted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 7:28 pm
I know, but if I need to but a 4 channel mixer anyway, might as well buy one that has the usb connection. This was I can skip using the maya. Ant recommendations?

geposted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 8:27 pm
54%