Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Lost Play and date info from tracks

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi Guys,

Got a major problem. I use a 1tb external hard drive to olay music from the latest Vdj 2018 build. I hve recently installed a brand new os on my friends Laptop and installed vdj lite edition (Free one) i plugged my hard drive in to play a couple of tracks to make sure it was working and everyrhing was fine. I have now gone back to my own laptop and vdj, plugged in my hard driveand i no longer have play counts, date scanned or any bpm, key, cue points there. I still have all my tracks and it has remebered scan info for a couple of hundred (I have 55,000 tracks) but no date scanned or play count. I do radio shows so this info is vitally important for me.

I hope someone can help. I run Windows 10 as an os. Thank you.

geposted Tue 26 Feb 19 @ 6:54 pm
Simply restore your database from the backup that you regularly make.

You do take backups, don't you?

geposted Tue 26 Feb 19 @ 8:42 pm
Groove, thanks so much for a reply. I have never backed it up, so i guess i am screwed!? If i am, how do i back it up for future reference. If there is any way at all that i can get this info back i will try anything! Really grateful for your help.

geposted Tue 26 Feb 19 @ 9:25 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
You need to backup the VirtualDJ folder on your external drive. It contains the database which pertains to that drive. You also should backup the database.xml file in your user’s documents folder under VirtualDJ. (Assuming Windows here.)

Unfortunately, I think there is no way to recover what has been lost. It is so important to take regular backups. I like FreeFileSync myself but some may find it a bit cumbersome. Lots of other choices out there.

geposted Tue 26 Feb 19 @ 10:10 pm
If you are using the latest build, then VDJ has a backup option built in now. It's simple but it's better than not backing anything up ever.

What about all the music in the drive? Do you not back that up either?

geposted Tue 26 Feb 19 @ 10:22 pm
Look at your Windows 10 Restore option. VirtualDJ lost your tracks but setting Windows 10 back to the last System Restore Point may move back the state and data of your VirtualDJ application too. That is what the System Restore does.. Ask the DJ people but I would look into that mate, I do restore and engineering so I know it's something you can do. You might not get all of your information back but you will get 75% at least.

~ GroovyMusek

geposted Tue 26 Feb 19 @ 11:21 pm
Sorry I meant data and settings in the database for the application but if it was installed the software doesn't change just the state of the application? Can you guys comment on this if you read it to let me know if this would be an option?

Thanks.
~ GroovyMusek

geposted Tue 26 Feb 19 @ 11:23 pm
Many, many thanks for all your info guys. I do have all my music backed up in two places. It is literally the info. On the system restore thong, literally last night Windows 10 had a whole new version come out that took ages to install, would i still be able to do the system restore trick? I don't want to jepordise my computer if the restore messes with systems that have now been completely updated.

Love to know your thoughts. I am currently rescanning tracks, about 38000 to go not sure if ill gaet my show done by 1700 Friday though.

geposted Wed 27 Feb 19 @ 11:02 am
I Just cant believe that simply trying two tracks on somebody else's laptop can cause me to lose all this info.

geposted Wed 27 Feb 19 @ 11:40 am
That shouldn't happen, because the external drive is plug and play so the database is picked up by which ever machine it is plugged in to.

Did you keep the old database before rescanning as it might be recoverable?

A lesson to back up your VirtualDJ folder and databases regularly.

geposted Wed 27 Feb 19 @ 11:43 am
Kr, i have definitely learned my lesson here. Totally agree with you how it is plug and play so shouldn't change it, why would it?

Is there any folder within the vdj documents folder that i may be able to get the info from?

In all honesty i have no idea how to back up databases. Is there a simple step by step guide somewhere or do you have knowledge on it? Many thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

geposted Wed 27 Feb 19 @ 11:58 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
rams1884 wrote :
I Just cant believe that simply trying two tracks on somebody else's laptop can cause me to lose all this info.

This can happen if the drive was not properly “ejected” before unpligging.
Have you looked in the VDJ folder on the external drive? When VDJ thinks the database is corrupted, it copies the old database to another sub folder. I’ll try to get the folder name in a bit.

geposted Wed 27 Feb 19 @ 12:24 pm
Am i right in thinking that to back up vdj 2019 you click the settings tab on the left handside of the screen, do to database then backup?
If that is correct how do i restore that database. I'm coming to the end of rescanning my tracks niw and just want to back it up correctly. Many thanks for any help.

geposted Thu 28 Feb 19 @ 8:28 am
Yes, that's it but the feature is incomplete and getting fixed in the nedt build. At present the backed up files need unzipped and moved manually but it's easy enough.

You should take time to learn how the VDJ file structure works in case you need to recover, it's pretty basic stuff.

geposted Thu 28 Feb 19 @ 9:23 am
Kr, is there a post, ideo or thread about it? I would love to learn. Thanks so much for your input.

geposted Thu 28 Feb 19 @ 3:03 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)