Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: content unlimited backup led to drm error (80%) - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Dear jockeys

I will text you below. but I have a heavy issue that makes me suffer for real in my dj work and I hope you have some input/ ideas to solve it. the bottom line is that I have a cache list of 2500 songs from which 2000 are not able to be loaded into my decks.

Error message: „drm error (license expired?)“

Im talking only about content unlimited files here for which I pay every month. 100% downloaded into cache within 2018. 500 files are working fine (after no 2, see below) and I was not able to specify any attributes that make a difference here (wether file size, nor creation or modification date).

Background: Before VDJ 2018 everything went fine. I accidentally upgraded to 2018 in February 19 which led to a loss of my whole cache (folders, files, everything). Reloading my back up (from separate hard drive, done in october 2018, so no drm refresh for months) I could re-create all folders, ratings (tag information). But trying to load any of them into my deck led to the error message mentioned above.

What I tried/ checked so far (so no hints needed here):

1. clean database: no change
2. delete seetings.xml and license.dat: this made me hope: 500 out of 2500 songs were fixed!!
3. Checked file size (maybe backup files are broken): all file sizes are fine (between 4 and 16 MB)
4. Reinstallation of VDJ
5. LogOut/Re-Login (make sure that LogIn data are the same as license data/ email)
6. Remove VDJ 2018 and instal Version before 2018 (build numbers 4291)
7. Of course: I have bulked refreshed all of my cache (on hard drive as well as within VDJ) several times
8. I checked my rights for those files on my mac
9. Deleting file from cache and reload: works. But this is no option for 2000 files to be done manually
10. Don’t know if that helps but: text editor showed following information regarding one file affected: VDJ:-Rane Seventy-Two support added
-Color FX selection on default skins by clicking the FILTER label
-Fix camera plugin crash
-Fix numark nv waveform refresh too quickly on mac
-Fix lockFolderOrder
-Virtual Folders fix for content not showing
VDJ:-Rane Seventy-Two support added
-Color FX selection on default skins by clicking the FILTER label
-Fix camera plugin crash
-Fix numark nv waveform refresh too quickly on mac
-Fix lockFolderOrder
-Virtual Folders fix for content not showing

What I recognize: Although all 2000 Songs that are not able to be played have all kind of information included that I have added before Backup (rating, comments) Im not able to load BPM for it

Any hints (also workarounds) exerted mentioned above are welcome

geposted Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 9:30 pm
Camilloh wrote :

What I recognize: Although all 2000 Songs that are not able to be played have all kind of information included that I have added before Backup (rating, comments) Im not able to load BPM for it

Yes, that makes sense. That is stored in the database.xml.
The only thing not working is probably the DRM refresh against the iDJPool servers
But I don't know how to fix that. How that works will be a secret, I guess - so that nobody can crack it, and get free tracks

geposted Fri 05 Apr 19 @ 7:30 am
A big secret, exactly. Its that big that even support doesnt know unfortunately

geposted Fri 05 Apr 19 @ 1:22 pm
If re-downloading the tracks works, then I can't see what the issue is.

Yes it will take time, but it's not going to cost you any extra.

My advice is that if you really need all 2000 tracks so badly, buy them - as your website implies that you DJ professionally (for which you need a full Pro license).

This is one of the pitfalls of DJing with music that's rented. The professional solution is to buy your music. :-)

geposted Fri 05 Apr 19 @ 4:35 pm
Dont see the issue? Come on grovindj VIP your a smart guy, i know that because of your smart advice.

2000 songs deleted and re-downloaded to cache step by step, re-create sorting and rating. On the other hand I pay each month to not have such work every time.

Buy those songs? Don’t you get the point of streaming? (https://www.virtualdj.com/products/onlinecatalogs.html)
Yes your right (although you should not believe everything you read in the internet), I will probably upgrade soon. But before I’d like to have a software that runs as I pay for

geposted Fri 05 Apr 19 @ 7:55 pm
You must remember that the service is not run by Atomix. The problem is more likely to be at the other end (the provider).

Like I said, if you purchased and owned those tracks, you wouldn't have the issue. If you're earning money from DJing professionally then it makes sense to buy, because (as you have found to your cost) streaming/renting can fail.

IMO if you have "borrowed" 2500 tracks from the service then you must have some pretty big holes in your own collection (assuming you have one) to need that many.

It must have taken you a very long time to check through 2000 tracks to find that every one had a DRM issue, so that's really not so different from downloading them again - or buying them.

geposted Fri 05 Apr 19 @ 8:04 pm
Your right, I habe a big hole innmy collection. My own collection is oldschool.

No I didn’t. Within minutes I realized that I can’t play nearly any of my songs rented. That’s not too hard to realize actually

Yes not Atomix. It’s an authorized Reseller by Atomix Productions that I pay for each month

Well, back the topic please...

geposted Fri 05 Apr 19 @ 8:54 pm
So when you say that 2000 tracks are not working, that might not be the case (because you haven't checked them all)?

Have you contacted iDJPool about this (as the service is provided by them)?

Have you tried on another computer?

geposted Sat 06 Apr 19 @ 7:29 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The caching is done by virtualdj.
Would it be possible to send me one of the cache files so I can have a look?

geposted Sat 06 Apr 19 @ 7:47 am
I uploaded 10 songs to dropbox, please find them here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4lzspph9ksxo6m7/AADmwq5ZaKi0xEE6rXgRqrw5a?dl=0

I also uploaded 10 songs that works (as at least myself cannot find any difference excepted the error):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xtyb8u65pwom8ej/AADnIfTPIEGqieDqyTT2Fflga?dl=0

Also I have some weird news (at least for me): Nearly 100% of the songs that work I just found to be listed from A to C (427 files in a row do work). In the middle of C theres a cut and to Z nearly 100% of the song do not work.

Since today I also have a new list (created by VDJ, see screenshot) with songs for which DRM is nearly over (I get a popup also), containing 1718 files that do not work. So there must be any information within these files, but refreshing doesn't work (the files are not "touched" with this command)

geposted Sun 07 Apr 19 @ 12:52 pm
Perhaps vdj doesn't have write permission to update the drm on these files?

geposted Sun 07 Apr 19 @ 1:49 pm
Camilloh wrote :
My own collection is oldschool

....and yet you haven't got classics like Chic from the 70s?

How old is "oldschool"? :-)

geposted Sun 07 Apr 19 @ 1:56 pm
Had a look at the file, and it looks corrupted somehow. All data is replaced by the same byte.
Not sure what might cause this, but could be file system error.
Other files on the same drive are fine?

geposted Sun 07 Apr 19 @ 2:08 pm
Adion wrote :
Perhaps vdj doesn't have write permission to update the drm on these files?

Well so far I have checked cache folder permissions and there are no restrictions. Also for the files working also drm refresh is working

geposted Sun 07 Apr 19 @ 2:21 pm
Adion wrote :
Had a look at the file, and it looks corrupted somehow. All data is replaced by the same byte.
Not sure what might cause this, but could be file system error.
Other files on the same drive are fine?

Yes, same drive from A to C works, from C to Z doesn’t

geposted Sun 07 Apr 19 @ 2:25 pm
isnt there any possibility to re-cache the files somehow without doin it manually per file? It would be fine for me if all the tag information I added would be lost (Id find a way to re-add it)

geposted Mon 08 Apr 19 @ 1:57 pm
Will see if I can do anything, but might take some time

geposted Mon 08 Apr 19 @ 2:07 pm
just started to add files manually. but no reason to not find a solution anymore, cause this will take time for sure. But I realized something:

I gotta delete songs from database before Im able to re-download them again. As soon as I re-download a song to cache my Tag information is automatically re-loaded (rating, color).

So far.

Cheers
Camillo

geposted Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 9:24 pm
I cant seem to find my content unlimited folder, can anyone help?

geposted Thu 11 Jul 19 @ 6:48 pm
Ainebike123 wrote :
I cant seem to find my content unlimited folder, can anyone help?

Hei Ainebike123

I guess that's off topic and you will get more response if opening a new post

anyway: the folder is inside the parent folder called online music (itself called iDJPool). If its not there, Im sorry, better ask somebody else

Best W

geposted Thu 11 Jul 19 @ 6:55 pm
91%