Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: unwanted bpm change

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am using VDJ 8.3 build 4787 on a windows 10 HP Elitebook laptop. I have recently started using a pioneer ddj 1000. The problem I am having is when I load a track onto either of the decks, the bpm will suddenly double in the deck display and then will actually change on the track file. I have looked through options and have not found which setting could be causing this. Is this a settings issue? If so can someone point me in the right direction. Or is this a bug within this release?

geposted Sat 06 Apr 19 @ 1:00 pm
Do you analyze your tracks when adding them to the database? If not, then VDJ will analyze at the point of loading.

BPM doubling/halving is simply VDJ's attempt at analyzing the track, and can often differ from how a human would interpret the tempo. It's a common thing with any software that tries to work out the tempo by scanning through the waveform. The computer doesn't hear the track, it just goes by the peaks in the waveform.

That's why there's an option provided for the user to halve or double the result.

geposted Sat 06 Apr 19 @ 1:12 pm
Yes I do analyze my tracks when I first download them. Also the tracks that have changing bmp are tracks I have had in the database for quite a while.

geposted Sat 06 Apr 19 @ 2:38 pm
jamaicazulu wrote :
Yes I do analyze my tracks

With VDJ, via the browser?

jamaicazulu wrote :
when I first download them

Are these tracks you've bought, or rental (Content Unlimited) cached ones?

Do you have experimental beat analyzer on or off? Tried changing it?

What genre of music is this happening to?

geposted Sat 06 Apr 19 @ 3:12 pm
All tracks are purchased, experimentalbeatanalyzer is off, and the tracks are from different genres. And when I say the tracks are analyzed for bpm after download I mean by VDJ within the browser.

geposted Sat 06 Apr 19 @ 9:40 pm
If those tracks were analyzed quite a long ago (more than an year ago at least) then there's a chance they were scanned with a previous version of the scan engine.
Therefore, when you load them they get re-analyzed with the newest scan-engine for better results.

You can change that behavior if you wish by changing the 'KeepBPMOnAnalyzerUpdate' option.

geposted Mon 08 Apr 19 @ 12:45 pm
I tried making that change and the BPM adjustment still took place. This is why I am wondering if this is a bug. The fact that it doesn't do this on all tracks no matter when they were originally scanned, and the fact that it always doubles the BPM definitely seems like a bug within the program. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

geposted Thu 11 Apr 19 @ 4:11 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)