Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: ZvideoControl - Page: 1
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Discussion about ZvideoControl

ZvideoControl is a combination of my 2 previous video pages (autoVXF and autoVFX)
rolled into one page and this has some minor improvements (now uses beat_bar and the rsi runs at 32ms so things are much smoother), and one massive improvement that it doesn't need the builder addon (therefore it's mac friendly)

This padpage is mostly focused on deck master [controls the video crossfader, the video transition, the master video fx] Although it does control [change] shaders on decks too.
Why "ZvideoControl" as a name, well 2 reasons, Z is the last [indicating master, but masterVideoControl or finalVideoControl sounded cheesy] the other reason is starting the page name with "Z" makes it super quick to select for keyboard users [can't forget my keyboard only roots]

*UPDATED to v1.2 2020/01/23*

pad 1 is auto video crossfade [fastest is full left to full right to full left in one beat] [padshift stops]
pad 2 is auto shader swap [shaders on decks] [fastest is change shaders every 1 beat] [padshift stops]
pad 3 is auto transition change [fastest is every beat] [padshift stops]
[The above 3 buttons if the current rate is the same as when the action was started a second press will also act as a stop]
pad 4 makes the transition pick at random [padshift 4 picks 'random' shaders when shaders swap.]
pad 5 shuffles the shaders on decks once [padshift 5 turns shaders on or off decks 1 & 2]
pad 6 copies shader b to deck a [padshift 6 pauses shader swaps on deck a]
pad 7 copies shader a to deck b [padshift 7 pauses shader swaps on deck b]
pad 8 opens up the second layer [double tap to get back to first layer] [padshift 8 kills video crossfader, shader swap and transition swap all together at once]

param 2 changes the rate of the auto buttons [pads 1,2,3]

layer 2 does master video fx
param 1 changes the repeat count [1-512 repeats, if you select 0 the count will go upto 1024]
param 2 changes the rate [1/8th - 32 beats] [exactly like layer 1]

Of course layer 2 uses pads 9-16 [I could have used a software shift but didn't, I'll include a remaping guide soon]

pad 9 does master video fx boom auto [padshift kills]
pad 10 does master video fx colorize [padshift kills]
pad 11 does master video fx negative [padshift kills]
pad 12 does master video fx spectral [padshift kills]
pad 13 does master video fx shake [padshift kills]
pad 14 does master video fx strobe [padshift kills]
pad 15 does master video fx vibrate [padshift kills] [x64 users when we get more video fx, I'll update]
pad 16 does snap, it will sync the fx called [after snap is on] to the down beat of the 32, [padshift kills all master video fx]

update v1.2.
Added padshift 6&7; pauses shader swap for decks A & B respectively.
Changed how pads 1,2,3 work; before button queried rate and then setup a rsi, now button starts a rsi that then queries rate. This allows changing rates for these buttons with just 1 variable [each button] [much nicer than the wall of script needed before]

video crossfader "set '$xBar' X"
shader swap "set '$sBar' X"
transition swap "set '$tBar' X"
values allowed 0,1,2,4,8,16,32 [0 = pause, stationary, no change]

Changed 'snap'; previous sync'd to the 1 of the 4, now sync's to 1 of 32.
Fix bug; previous build snap didn't sync when action was already running.

I'll give images later, but I'm really interested as to how this looks on machines that are better than mine [v interested in mac users]

geposted Mon 17 Jun 19 @ 4:42 pm
I gotta say that the shaders switching around like they are is an awesome touch. Makes the visuals go nuts - love it so far.

geposted Mon 17 Jun 19 @ 7:23 pm
Thank you, using master deck beat_bar for video crossfade and shader change on both decks really steps it up a gear. Following master deck means even with just one deck playing both decks change shaders.
Back at my machine now so I'll update OP.

geposted Mon 17 Jun 19 @ 8:13 pm
Tryed it while testing simultaneously
- a big 32 button pad page on a touch screen
- with multiple video windows skin
- a video skin with video insert

result is really impressive !!
I tested while 5 video windows were open but only 2 displays but badly this test machine is probably far "not better than yours" and finally the graphic driver crash after 1st screen capture. The image is not really representative but the main preview is not the best view but cool

geposted Mon 17 Jun 19 @ 11:53 pm
Cool idea with the 32pad page, Makes sense for a touch screen. I'm in the process of doing similar with my lauchpad, I'm also going to make a normal deck version of the video fx part [pads 9-16] so I have one launchpad page devoted to video for master and decks.
5 outputs + screen capture + video cossfader @ 1 & transition @ 1 is really pushing everything but that's how I would test it too XD
Are you using x64? It should run cooler.

geposted Tue 18 Jun 19 @ 1:06 am
nop 64bit version, even i get shaders and transitions and CDG working with 64bit, there is no video and some video effects don't work at all with this PC and VDJ64 :/

geposted Tue 18 Jun 19 @ 1:55 am
MrJackyPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I have not been able to visit the virtualdj forum for a while since I had to start my personal website from scratch due to technical problems.
On the way back I have seen some news such as the new Blur effect video and your fusion of pads.

In my portable computer I find it impossible to make it work 100%, the equipment is rather poor in resources, it is an ASUS TranformerBook T100 and it is not more than a tablet. The default shader "Voxel Corredior" seems to be taken from minecraft.

Therefore, VirtualDJ freezes me and even forces me to restart it. As soon as I can I will try it on the desktop computer, where I hope it improves a bit.

geposted Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 7:47 am
Maybe I would recommend changing the pad8 to

doubleclick 350ms ? setting 'sixteenPadsMode' 'Auto' ? setting 'sixteenPadsMode' 'On' & pad_bank2 : pad_bank2 : pad_bank2

This would make it easier for less experienced users to enjoy the 16-button pad that by default is in AUTO

geposted Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 9:33 am
In my tests I have not been able to make it work with shaders on both platforms until I have used the drop of milk on deck 2. The effect is incredible!

I have also realized that we can now give transparency to the coverage shader and by activating the audio file shader, we get a new combination of 2 simultaneous shaders on the master deck.

Even so, there is something that blocks VirtualDJ if I activate pad2

geposted Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 2:22 pm
MrJacky wrote :
In my tests I have not been able to make it work with shaders on both platforms until I have used the drop of milk on deck 2.....there is something that blocks VirtualDJ if I activate pad1 + 2 + 3

You almost got it:
Some effects such as milkdrop Milkdrop8 need a very long time to init
The same apply to some shaders i.e. "Voxel Corredior" is medium time

applying ZvideoControl when they don't have been initialized once before take a lot of cpu and GPU time
as ZvideoControl goes on activating other transitions effects and shaders it may - and it does - overload at least one of CPU or GPU

To minimize this bad effect better is to pre-test shaders - they will compile - once before and pre-init heavy load effects and transitions by activating them once before to use ZvideoControl
Reduce rate to 2 beats or 4 beats during tests helps too

MrJacky wrote :
I have also realized that we can now give transparency to the coverage shader and by activating the audio file shader, we get a new combination of 2 simultaneous shaders on the master deck.

There is almost no limit:
You can alter size and position of shaders as well and use extra effect busses for extra shaders and with audiofile shader... you can get 3 shaders per deck and 2 for master 2 for sampler and 2 for mic by combining with a multi decks effect you can get too many, potentially more than 500 active & visible shaders

Better take care about not to do things like this ... unless you know what you are doing

geposted Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 3:26 pm
Actually, I find it more attractive to work with only 2 shaders, one in each mallet.

Most of the shaders that I have on the desktop computer are reviewed, move well and with high image quality. But it is true that some take a while to load.ç

EDIT:
The truth is that I also find it very attractive to use transactions by activating the shader only on deck 1
I have the crossfader video in 4 and the transition change in 8 times.
In a good option to avoid overloading with so much color that some shaders provide

geposted Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 3:37 pm
you were right bigbaromilly
I checked my list of shaders again and some stopped working, I also changed the setting of the "Shader Swap" to 4 that stopped hanging

The Pad is fabulous, but I don't really consider it automatic, at least the video effects section. It needs human intervention.

I have been looking to make a new automatism that works for VideoFX and that later I can also adapt it to dmx lights

At the moment it only executes 4 video effects and the result is promising.

You can watch the demonstration video here: https://youtu.be/YFrwS7NQD68

The effects are activated / deactivated according to the strength of the "get_beat" and the sensitivity is graded with a minimum and maximum of the beat's strength so that the effects react differently.

geposted Sun 28 Jul 19 @ 4:46 pm
Nice work MrJacky, looking good, I think there's a lot of scope for this kind of programmed automation.
Thanks for the compliment on the padpage, it took a lot of work but I think it was worth it. And I don't doubt the other dj softwares are looking at this, but we got there first.

geposted Sun 28 Jul 19 @ 5:08 pm
To be able to acheive these - both Padpage and the demonstration - takes a lot of time and work
It can really quickly stress all three GPU and CPU and DJ

It's a good thing to talk about shaders not working, often they stay in the list
With this kind of effects, it may result in hangs of software and even hardware
- ie in my first tests... I stressed GPU so much VDJ hung Display driver hung and system took some time to recover
- in next times i took care of this but badly some bad shaders made the system instable enough to reboot

geposted Sun 28 Jul 19 @ 5:58 pm
locodog wrote :
I'm really interested as to how this looks on machines that are better than mine [v interested in mac users]

Just tonight discovered your work Locodog, I'm really amused!! Even 1 static setting through the shaders I've collected is a cool trip. :-)

btw.. my video was rendered on an RTX2070qmax GPU machine on W10.. and it got warm :D

I was thinking about adding a midi controller but the first three buttons can only be turned off by the right mousekey. Same for some of the layer2 fx.
Been looking at the script programming to may change something myself.. no chance :D
But is there a possibility that the first 3 buttons and fx can have a sort of toggle function? So they're easily turned off when using a midi controller :-)

geposted Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 9:53 am
MacGyverGear wrote :
Just tonight discovered your work Locodog, I'm really amused!! ....

Been looking at the script programming to may change something myself.. no chance :D
But is there a possibility that the first 3 buttons and fx can have a sort of toggle function? So they're easily turned off when using a midi controller :-)

"amused" I'll take that. Some good shader choices there. And some nice results from just "set & forget"
[also try SH & VT at half the rate of XF]

depending on your midi device just shift+button should[or could be mapped to] access padshift.
I've been working on this padpage before xmas; added random shader selection, cleaned up the code considerably, let shaders swap faster [down to 1 beat], let the count go upto 1024, and I think there's some tweaks that I sat on just after original release that never went public yet.
I was holding after NYE to release as... who wants a beta testing headache just before NYE?

I think I can see how to toggle XF, SH, & VT with a second press [xbar/tbar/sbar would have to equal what the button was running at, although a simple double tap would make this happen]
So I'll add that.
Toggling the videoFX with a second press however would be next to impossible [& kind of unwanted, I like the second tap to restart the count in some cases]
I'll add those small changes over the next day or 2 and submit the update for atomix to review, usually reviews go public after a couple of weeks.

*edit* Uploaded.

geposted Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 11:11 am
Hey thanx for your responding :-)

I found out how to change rate on the SH, VT and XF.. to be honest.. this was rendered when capturing my only 1 screen, so couldn't acces any setting.. XD ! But this result was awesome already :)

Some weird thing.. Yesterday, when I first installed the add-on I was able to acces layer2 (and layer1) by 2 small buttons but later that evening it was gone.. and even layer2 isn't accesable now (??) Though they can be activated by midi there's no way to turn the fx off now.
Today I found out my first added midi controller (launchpad mini) makes layer 2 accecable again by plug-in it in again.. Weird huh??

Anyway.. looking forward for your work and a sort of toggle function on the SH , VT and XF setting. (Y) I need to figure out how which script is used for the shift key.. any suggestions on a lauchpad?? shift or shiftpad isn't working..
oh.. and how do you turn the (fx) buttons off now?? By disabling them manually with a mouse? Or is there another way to turn the fx off?

geposted Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 12:49 pm
the second layer might be setting>sixteenPadsMode [switch to on]
fx off [say B/A, boomAuto] is deck X padshift 9 [X being the deck number,that's the script]. or all fx off deck X padshift 16

launchpads are pretty freeform for mapping, and the native mapping is pretty sparse, I'd use something like below
[should be enough to get you going]

Y8 mapped to
shift

Y3 mapped as
set '$padmode' 3
Y3 LED
var '$padmode' 3 ? get_constant '#00FF00' : off

'$padmode' 3 would be my 'pads' variation

then for 1.1 I'd do something like this

var '$padmode' 0 ? var '$recmode' 1 ? sampler_rec 1 : sampler_pad 1 & sampler 1 select : var '$padmode' 1 ? deck left hot_cue 1 : var '$padmode' 3 ? shift ? deck 1 padshift 1 : deck 1 pad 1 : nothing

and 1.1 LED
var '$padmode' 0 ? get_sample_color 1 : var '$padmode' 1 ? deck left hot_cue 1 ? get_constant 'red' : get_constant '#550000' : var '$padmode' 3 ? shift ? deck 1 padshift_button_color 1 : deck 1 pad_button_color 1 : nothing

for layout I'd use 1.1 to 1.4 for deck 1 pads 1 to 4, I'd use 1.5 to 1.8 for deck 2 pads 1 to 4
and the next line down do similar but for pads 5 to 8 & next line 9-12, and so on...

I'd also change up, x buttons to give you access to pad param & param2 [gives access to count & rate for this padpage]
X1
var '$padmode' 0 ? sampler_volume +5% : var '$padmode' 1 ? deck left slicer 'length' -1 & deck right slicer 'length' -1 : var '$padmode' 3 ? deck 1 pad_param -1 : nothing
X2
var '$padmode' 0 ? sampler_volume -5% : var '$padmode' 1 ? deck left slicer 'length' +1 & deck right slicer 'length' +1 : var '$padmode' 3 ? deck 1 pad_param +1 : nothing
X3
var '$padmode' 0 ? sampler_bank -1 : var '$padmode' 1 ? deck left slicer 'step' -1 & deck right slicer 'step' -1 : var '$padmode' 3 ? deck 1 pad_param2 -1 : nothing
X4
var '$padmode' 0 ? sampler_bank +1 : var '$padmode' 1 ? deck left slicer 'step' +1 & deck right slicer 'step' +1 : var '$padmode' 3 ? deck 1 pad_param2 +1 : nothing

that should get you started if you need more help open a thread about that.
And once you get to grips with it drop a video or two here
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/229880/Video_Discussion/Show_me_some_your_video_work__please.html

geposted Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 1:54 pm
Wow man!! Thanx!! really awesome :-) Though this was really hard to get my head around I got all 16 pads working on layer 3. (it took a while to figure out which parameters I had to be change for the different pads).

Don't know if I undstood what you mean by "Deck 2". That's the pad deck right? and not players ;-)

btw.. Is it correctly the pad 'shake' and 'shuffle' doens't have any visual led responce? Shuffle shows no led while I press, and isn't really needed.. but 'shake' isn't blinking while the other effects do blink.. it does show a led while pressed..

Anyway.. by using a midicontroler now the shift button really comes in handy.. in fact you can turn off everything independently, and that's perfect. Oh.. and also the 4 Y buttons are super handy :-)

I'm really surprised with all that is possible.. I will do a video (or two) for sure.. but first I have to get used to all that's new :-) And Im thinking about mapping the shaders.. and make those selectable on the computerkeyboard.. I sooner red this is also possible by script.. but need to make it work for myself that's tough puzzle sometimes..

geposted Tue 07 Jan 20 @ 1:05 pm
Good good. A little struggle makes it an accomplishment. Remapping is all about making your HW yours.

Correct, shuffle has no light, as you say it doesn't need one and the blank pad is a visual reminder/check what pad I have on my launchpad [mk2] or my Neons.
Shake however should blink [orange], it looks ok my end but I'm looking at a version yet to go public, wait to see if the release sorts it out. previous version might have had a typo, maybe you have a typo, possibly your LPmini can't do "orange" [which LPmini is it, 1,2 or 3?] Will look again after the new release.

You'll find scripts for all things shader here [post with the video]
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/223743/General_Discussion/Script_School.html?page=3

geposted Tue 07 Jan 20 @ 2:38 pm
59%