Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Able to cancel Batch Analyze
Be able to cancel Batch Analyze in case of accidental trigger

geposted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 2:26 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
+1
Ability to stop/suspend all batch jobs in case of accidental trigger or overload
batch analyse bpm, batch reload tags, batch analyse filenames, batch load covers, remove missing files from db, batch copy, batch rename, batch update from Discogs...

geposted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 6:53 am
I don't see how any of these things could be accidentally triggered. They're all jobs that have to be selected from a menu.

How do you "accidentally" open a menu and select an option?

It's easy enough to close VDJ if you do have an "accident".

geposted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 6:59 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
most of the time it's really by accident or by error
- taking much more time than expected and need to start using VDJ
- spurious click on the wrong destination folder... just the one above because the mouse/hand moved at click
- same with delete instead of copy
- same with remove from database instead of create a backup
yes restart VDJ is often the solution

geposted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 7:27 am
Nicotux wrote :
taking much more time than expected and need to start using VDJ

That's just bad organization though. Simply put - analyze files on days when you don't need the computer for gigs.

geposted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 9:33 am
groovindj wrote :
Nicotux wrote :
taking much more time than expected and need to start using VDJ

That's just bad organization though. Simply put - analyze files on days when you don't need the computer for gigs.

not the computer with home version for gigs lol!
and hdd raid rotation for the other one

VDJ is is not only for gigs, the use for maintenance and preparation and development and testing have to somehow be take in consideration too !!

geposted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 9:53 am
He does (allegedly) have a Pro license. For some reason he doesn't log in here with that account.

geposted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 9:56 am
Couple of times in the past I have clicked analyze instead of add to search DB, they are close together.

An option to cancel batch analyze has been asked for many times now. People make mistakes and not everyone is perfect.

geposted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 9:57 am
Still can't get my head around why so many feature requests here are met with "don't be so stupid" as a response.

Feedback is the single most important thing that a company has. You're getting it for free here. Maybe listen to it (even if you don't agree with it!).

geposted Sat 06 Jul 19 @ 6:33 pm
groovindj wrote :

No! The first 2 hours of my gig I have nothing to do (most of the time)... This is when I copy new music from the USB to my DJ laptop. My DJ laptop is rarely turned on through the week. Not that I need this cancel feature but I can understand why people might.

I do walk in residency, I wouldn't do that as a mobile DJ.

geposted Sat 06 Jul 19 @ 7:30 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Couple of times in the past I have clicked analyze instead of add to search DB, they are close together.

An option to cancel batch analyze has been asked for many times now. People make mistakes and not everyone is perfect.

I know Analyze takes longer, But doesn't it add them to the search database as well? Isn't it supposed to help tracks load faster?

geposted Tue 28 Mar 23 @ 3:43 am