Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Different JogSensivities for each Deck

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi!

In some clubs there are different players (e.g. 1x CDJ-2000 and 1x CDJ-2000NXS2)
(Lets pretend the other devices are in repair.) xD

So everything is fine, except of the Jogwheel-behaviour.
Due to the different sensores there is a different sensivity of the jogwheels on each player.
This happens because VDJ has only one possible adjustment in each Jog-related option.
And there is no way to get both of them to the same sensivity (as far as I know).

Other options have possibilities to set values for the first deck, the second, and so on.
Would you enable the jog-things to do this too, please?

THANKS

geposted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 1:51 am
I was just thinking this the other day

geposted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 4:51 pm
I think this could be an often appearing problem if a club isn't so well equipped...
My 'status' allows me to let the club order Players for me in most cases, but there are happening mistakes too, and sometimes identical players just aren't available, as simple as it sounds.

But the most people have to work with gear that is around at the moment...
So a simple setting could fix that :)

geposted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 5:23 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Different controllers should actually have been mapped so that at the same sensitivity setting they behave the same (one rotation moves the track the same distance)
If this is not the case there may be a bug in the definition of one of the controllers.

geposted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 6:36 pm
Adion wrote :
Different controllers should actually have been mapped so that at the same sensitivity setting they behave the same (one rotation moves the track the same distance)
If this is not the case there may be a bug in the definition of one of the controllers.

I have mapped " setting 'jogSensivityScratch' xxxxx " (etc.) on the <oninit> of every CDJ-Mapping because the factory-mappings don't have it.
The problem I had and why I mapped it like this, was that everytime I connected a different controller, the old setting from the previous controller was used.

So if I connect two different controllers/players VDJ gets two different oninit-commands which overwrite the sensitivity-setting one after another.

But this was also the case before I started programming the sensitivity.
Actually this was the reason why I started doing this.

So what could be the solution?

geposted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 7:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, assuming that with the default sensitivity, when you perform a full rotation with the jogwheel, the track also makes a full rotation on skin (and both decks move the same amount in time), you say that you want to have different jog behavior on left deck and different on the other ? Why is that ?
Dont both behave the same if set to the same sensitivity ?

Which devices have you tried with the same default sensitivity and dont perform a full rotation as Adion mentioned above ?

geposted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 7:32 pm
djdad wrote :
So, assuming that with the default sensitivity, when you perform a full rotation with the jogwheel, the track also makes a full rotation on skin (and both decks move the same amount in time), you say that you want to have different jog behavior on left deck and different on the other ? Why is that ?
Dont both behave the same if set to the same sensitivity ?

Which devices have you tried with the same default sensitivity and dont perform a full rotation as Adion mentioned above ?

No no, I DON'T want to have different behaviours. I want the same behaviours with different devices...
But this does not happen because vdj only accepts one value for both decks...
But as far as I saw and tried till this moment I have to give the devices their own sensitivity-setting because their were far from accurate.
Sometimes twice as much the speed and sometime very slow...
This came from the setting if the previously connected device...

I tried every CDJ that's on the market...
At last it was an 2000NXS and a 2000NXS2 both connected at the same time. The normal NXS was way faster than the NXS2.

geposted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 7:57 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)