Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: BOLD-option for Context-Menus

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi!

Just like the hascheck & check parameters for the item-child of a menu, i think a bold parameter would be a nice addition.

Idea 1: The text in "item" will appear bold in the context-menu, if the "action" returns true. (equal to hascheck)
<item text="Whatever Text" action="whatever_action" isbold="true"/>

Idea 2.1: The text in "item" will appear bold in the context-menu, if the "action inside bold" returns true. (equal to check)
<item text="Whatever Text" action="whatever_action" bold="whatever_action_is_given"/>

Idea 2.2: The text in "item" will always appear bold in the context-menu. (equal to weight="bold" in text-parameters)
<item text="Whatever Text" action="whatever_action" bold="force"/> (Optionally weight="bold" could be used.)

geposted Wed 31 Jul 19 @ 12:12 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Why not.

or may be being more flexible and Skinengine style complient : add text decorations and text attributes bold, italic, underlined, stroke...

<item text="Whatever Text" background="whatever_color_or_action" color="whatever_color_or_action" action="whatever_action" rightclick="whatever_action"
size="whatever_action_is_given ? 26 : 14" align="whatever_action_is_given ? left : center"
weight="whatever_action_is_given ? bold : whatever_action_is_given ? italic : whatever_action_is_given ? stroke : whatever_action_is_given ? underlined : normal"/>

or fully flexible not only menu items : just allow script in all parameters everywhere with no restriction
weight="whatever_action_is_given ? get_text "bold" : whatever_action_is_given ? get_text 'italic' : whatever_action_is_given ? get_text 'stroke' : whatever_action_is_given ? get_text 'underlined' : get_text 'normal'"/>

geposted Wed 31 Jul 19 @ 1:34 pm
I don't get who you are since you have got only one star and no single information about you in your profile. But on the other side you are commenting a lot of stuff in the forums and you know a lot about coding, which both don't fit into having such a profile.
Kinda suspicious for my taste...

However, your behaviour in this forum is everything else than social and also everything else than helpful for the development of the software.

Go get yourself a cookie and start djing with algoriddim dj (pro version) or something that fit's your ego!
But do me a favour at least and leave this community if you aren't capable of serious conversations.

geposted Wed 31 Jul 19 @ 2:26 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nico has a pro licence, so wind your neck in.

geposted Wed 31 Jul 19 @ 2:49 pm
No matter what he bought, he should also be able to conversate on a pro level...
Which he is not, obviously...

geposted Wed 31 Jul 19 @ 2:59 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Or he is taking you seriously and you're not understanding his tone.

geposted Wed 31 Jul 19 @ 3:11 pm
Sorry Sir, but this doesn't sound seriously at all.
No matter in which tone I interpret that.
But if you find something serious on it, let me know which part and we can figure out what I might have gotten wrong.
But really, I don't think someone with his knowledge about coding could mean something like that seriously because he should know that this is far from feasible that easy.

geposted Wed 31 Jul 19 @ 3:19 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Maybe I'm wrong, I do not know about VDJ code but to allow scripts in string parameters may be far to be something irrealistic.
I explain:
Many other similar skin parameters implement it already : disabled, visibility, color, frommidle, all actions and clicks ...and most vdjscript verbs already do. Code is already there.
It's about using already existing code for use with same parameter kind and same purpose : get simple string - in this case for the existing "weight" parameter.
One may argue the existing "weight" parameter is not implemented in menu items... Non existing "bold" parameter is not either and second proposal is to enable it by script Oo

Sure I must be wrong i found it a good idea

geposted Wed 31 Jul 19 @ 4:27 pm
I criticized the way you wrote it...
It sounded very ironically and spiteful.

However...
The way you told it now is comprehensibly and I also thought about why this isn't already possible.
I had exactly this case with the color-parameter in <text> very often.
So I agree with you, but since the developers are kinda "careful" what to implement into the software and since I noticed that my suggestions won't get (at least) commented if I post a lot at a short amount of time, I thought I would try it with something smaller.

So yes... If it was meant serious, than sorry for my critics and I would support that every parameter should be capable of as much script as possible.
I even would include <pos> & <size> to make them more flexible.

geposted Wed 31 Jul 19 @ 4:56 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)