Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Center Line Waveform adjustable

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Would be great if the center line of the waveform(s) (position line) could be adjustable (movable to the left) in preferences.
So you can see (in default skin) more of the forthcoming music in stead of half what is past and half what is forthcoming.

geposted Wed 07 Aug 19 @ 11:35 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Agreed, thought exactly this from the first time I used v7

geposted Wed 07 Aug 19 @ 11:56 pm
I swear Phantom has made a skin where it does have the center line offset.

A part of me wants to say this is already possible but it’s skin related .

geposted Thu 08 Aug 19 @ 11:37 am
It is possible but it's kind of a hacky way to do it. you just place the wave off centre then cover over the far left side with other skin elements.
It was ages ago I tried to have off centre but full width waves but found if you over size the wave and placed off centre if the part of the wave was off screen things got weird.

geposted Thu 08 Aug 19 @ 11:52 am
From the skin SDK...

center="" : Provide the X position of the center of the wave. Helpful if you need to create an off-center rhtyhmzone (sic)

Tada!

The rhythmwave stays where it is. You just specify center (in the above image, center="400"), then the X position of the overlay (the white line) has to also be moved.

geposted Thu 08 Aug 19 @ 5:08 pm
Thanks, that one slipped me by, what line did you edit for that?

geposted Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 8:34 am
For example, with the following panel:

<panel name="defaultwave" group="waveform" visible="no" >
<rhythmzone mirror="false" upsidedown="false" fade="50" deck1="left" deck2="right">
<pos x="+0" y="+0"/>
<size width="1632" height="92"/>
<colors deck1="#007097" deck2="#8c0709" deck1_active="#009fd2" deck2_active="#cd0f10" />
<rhythm y="+0" height="75"/>
<grid height="6" width="6" maxwidth="10">
<pos y1="+79" y2="+85"/>
</grid>
<cue y="+0" height="92">
<text dx="15" dy="-1" size="14" />
<mask width="12" height="92" x="942" y="1372"/>
</cue>
<overlay>
<size width="2" height="91"/>
<pos x="959" y="47"/>
<background x="1" y="1163"/>
</overlay>
</rhythmzone>
</panel>

.......you need to add center="your choice of X location" to the <rhythmzone> line, which will shift the whole wave across. Then for the white line, change the pos x= in the <overlay> section at the bottom.

Bear in mind that the PNG has a white line drawn in the centre on the rhythmwave background, so you could either erase it or overlay it with a <square> visual instead (as I've done in the pictured example).

Also, if you use the 'extragridlines' option in the skin, those need to be shifted across to match.

geposted Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 8:56 am
Thanks for the info, unfortunately it looks like scratchwave has no center param.

geposted Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 9:10 am
That's an issue that needs to be addressed then, as if a user/skinner decides to implement an off-centre rhythmzone, the wave choices will all be off-centre apart from the scratchwave.

geposted Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 9:15 am
As of build 5269 - waveformCenter config option added, works for default and scratch waves.
It takes a little time to retrain yourself but it's a great addition.

geposted Fri 06 Sep 19 @ 10:49 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)