Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Having a few issues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

spadz93Home userMember since 2019
Hey all, new VDJ user here, coming from Serato. Like VDJ better because of how I can output beat info to showxpress. However, there are a few things that I'd like to change with how VDJ behaves, and I was wondering if someone could help point me in the right direction to get this behaving a little more like Serato does. I'm using a DDJ-SX3 from pioneer, and i'm on Windows. I'm not looking for a knight in shining armor to save me from my woes, but if anyone can help with any of these, I'd greatly appreciate it!

1. The hot cues. In serato, the music would play from the hot cue as long as the pad was pressed on the controller, and then stop/revert back to the hot cue point as soon as you lifted from the pad. In VDJ, the music just keeps playing from the cue point even after I lift my finger.

2. The needle search pad on my controller doesn't seem to control anything in VDJ

3. For some reason, upon loading a new song to the opposite deck of the one already playing, the new song always auto syncs to the currently playing song. Clicking the sync buttons on my controller does nothing to solve this.

4. I have a microphone connected to channel 4 on my controller for MC'ing. This works fine, but when I raise the fader on channel 4, it goofs up the tempo/beat information being sent to Showxpress for my lights. Is there a way to tell VDJ to ignore channels 3 and 4?

5. I feel like the trim/gain knobs on my controller are very insensitive when lowering the gain on a track, but very sensitive when raising it. I'm not AS concerned with this because I can just ride the fader to compensate, but if there's an issue, i'd like to correct it.

geposted Sat 07 Sep 19 @ 11:08 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
1 options hotcueMode stutter
2 needle search only works when track isn't playing out
3 options autoBpmMatch no
4 not sure
5 probably you haven't let the track analyse before first play, second play should sort it out

geposted Sun 08 Sep 19 @ 12:06 am
locodog wrote :
1 options hotcueMode stutter
2 needle search only works when track isn't playing out
3 options autoBpmMatch no
4 not sure
5 probably you haven't let the track analyse before first play, second play should sort it out

You're a saint, i'll try this out asap, thanks a ton!

geposted Sun 08 Sep 19 @ 12:08 am

geposted Sun 08 Sep 19 @ 7:36 am
I'll definitely get to checking out the manual, but I just have one more question. The tempo slider is, dare I say, too accurate. The one in Serato that I used to use when in increments of tenths, so 49.1, 49.2, 49.3, etc as I slid the slider into place. This one seems to go in hundredths and is next to impossible to land on a specific number (and when I DO land on it, if I blow on the fader the wrong way it'll knock me off). What setting adjusts this?

geposted Wed 11 Sep 19 @ 12:26 am
Tempo slider accuracy depends on current pitch range.
The bigger the pitch range, the lower accuracy the slider has and vice versa.
Also there's no "round up" function to make it "snap" on decimals.

However it is also possible to map buttons to do this for you if you wish
e.g. pitch +0.1 bpm or pitch +0.01 bpm e.t.c.

PS: Depending on your settings, pitch/tempo range may change automatically. If this is not a desired behavior you can turn off "autoPitchrange" option in settings

geposted Wed 11 Sep 19 @ 7:26 am
spadz93 wrote :
2. The needle search pad on my controller doesn't seem to control anything in VDJ

4. I have a microphone connected to channel 4 on my controller for MC'ing. This works fine, but when I raise the fader on channel 4, it goofs up the tempo/beat information being sent to Showxpress for my lights. Is there a way to tell VDJ to ignore channels 3 and 4?

2. The needle search is disabled when a deck is playing live on air (volume and crossfader positions allow the deck to be heard)
HOWEVER, if you still want to use it while a track is on air (to do some effects e.t.c. especially combined with SLIP mode) you can still use it if you hold down SHIFT button first.
That's "Needle Security" option in Serato I think, only that in VirtualDJ it's always on.

4. That's because of automatic "master" deck detection. (Software sends the beats of the master deck on your DMX software)
There's a complex algorithm in place that calculates the current "master" deck.
There are 2 solutions on your case:
A) Keep the volume slider of deck 4 a little LOWER that the volume slider of the deck playing live. This will prevent deck 4 becoming master deck (the deck with higher volume setting has always high priority to become "master" deck)
B) Disable automatic master deck function and assign the master deck manually.
In order to "disable" automatic master deck detection all you need to do is to assign a deck as master deck manually.
Depending on your controller you may do that by pressing the dedicated "MASTER" button, or usually SHIFT+SYNC
From that moment on, master deck "sticks" on the deck you clicked the button and it no longer changes automatically.
There's no way to restore automatic master deck detection from a controller via native mappers. In order to restore automatic detection you need to remap a button (on your controller or keyboard, or use a blank button on VirtualDJ GUI) and use the action masterdeck_auto

Since the second way is somewhat more difficult to compensate and use, I would recommend you the first way.

geposted Wed 11 Sep 19 @ 7:38 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)