Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: new way in which the mix fx should work

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i applaud the new mix fx features...having said that..i wish it catered for users who do transitions with the line fader instead...
i just really use my crossfader for scratching...and when just doing normal transitions..i use the line fader started on 0..and proceed to raise it gradually replicating the same effect as a smooth crossfader transition.
i have checked the way the mix fx works(the crossfader curve doesn't affect the values used,the song itself cuts at minimal movement when the curve is at scratch,but the mix efx values are only relevant to the crossfader position)
if it could work triggered by sound levels instead of crossfader position..this would be nice...
i know it may be difficult

geposted Fri 27 Sep 19 @ 4:42 pm
Another observation...there should be an option to reset the selector to "off" on the load of deck..like the reset efx option.

geposted Fri 27 Sep 19 @ 7:19 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
level 1 + level 2 = level t, 1 - (level 1 / level t) = crossfader pos,
The maths could work, you'd have to unlink decks from the xf and likely have the upfaders do the maths, so not impossible but it would need a super steady hand

keyboard entry
ONSONGLOAD effect_mixfx_activate off

geposted Fri 27 Sep 19 @ 8:36 pm
I have sorted out the part to unload the mixfx..i do not understand what you mean by unlink the crossfader though

geposted Sat 28 Sep 19 @ 12:41 pm
unlink the channel from the crossfader like you can on 4 decks
leftcross
rightcross

then its just maths on your volume sliders something like this
set 't' `param_add "deck 1 level" "deck 2 level"` & set 'x' `param_multiply "get var 't' & param_1_x" "deck 2 level"` & param_cast & crossfader

geposted Sat 28 Sep 19 @ 2:12 pm
I have no idea what that means LOL!

Personally I don't use the crossfader to DJ, but if I did want to use MixFX then I have no issues with moving that little sucker across :-)

My thought on using the upfaders was to somehow apply the opposite motion to the outgoing fader when moving the incoming one up.

geposted Sat 28 Sep 19 @ 2:17 pm
the maths is just the proportions of a slider to the the total of both the sliders

slider 1 = 100 , slider 2 = 50 , total is 150
50/150 = 0.33,
slider 1 is 66% of the total, crossfader should sit at 33%

geposted Sat 28 Sep 19 @ 2:25 pm
i am understanding the process...and have succesfully unlinked the decks to the crossfader...but im having problems with the parameter script.
i get what u are saying about the slider 1 + 2 should be 150...but i have no idea how to script it for the crossfader to move in unison with the line faders...plz help!

geposted Sat 28 Sep 19 @ 4:49 pm
I think it's just this on your upfader mapping

level & set '$totalLev' `param_add "deck 1 level" "deck 2 level"` & set '$xScaled' `param_multiply "get var '$totalLev' & param_1_x" "deck 2 level"` & param_cast & crossfader

geposted Sat 28 Sep 19 @ 9:10 pm
Ill give it a shot tomorrow...if it works..i think dev should think about adding it as an option in the settings..anyway...i was trying to add a script to a custom button to unlink the decks and re link them to default...i thought i saw somewhere that "on" and "off" could be used instead off down and up...i tried this script on the custom button..unsuccessfully...what's wrong here??
on ? leftcross none & rightcross none : deck 1 leftcross & deck 2 rightcross

geposted Sat 28 Sep 19 @ 9:51 pm
deck 1 leftcross ? deck 1 leftcross 0 & deck 2 rightcross 0 : deck 1 leftcross 1 & deck 2 rightcross 1

geposted Sat 28 Sep 19 @ 10:29 pm
Ok thanks...will plug in these scripts and report the results later

geposted Sun 29 Sep 19 @ 8:34 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)