Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mac & PC - Using The Same Database

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi Guys, 1st of all great work on VDJ 2020. I'm after a bit of help with VDJ Database. I have used VDJ for years but have also been using Serato & Rekordbox on the odd Gig. when I am gigging i use a MacBook with an external HD I have all my library (Database) setup with favourite foldered & in iTunes which I set up on my Macbook.
At home, I have a windows 10 PC system which I have all my music backed up on & a lot more music just in case i need it. When it coming to sorting out my playlist, folders & so on I'm trying to move away from iTunes so I started sorting out my music on my Windows PC (Which I find a lot easier to do than on a Macbook).

In Serato, I can do my crates on the PC & goto a gig & my mac will see them & play them straight away same as Rekordbox but VDJ won't now I know its to do with the way VDJ reads the Database & to do with the way OS reads the file structure. also, I know you can just edit the XML with the right path so the mac reads the files. but that not really what I want to do because I want to go back a forth from PC & MAC as I can with Serato & Rekordbox.

My question is there any way around this. so my MAC & PC will read the same database so I can go back & forth between machines.

geposted Thu 03 Oct 19 @ 10:46 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you create a virtual folder it should be on the external drive, and show up on the other computer when plugging the drive in.

geposted Thu 03 Oct 19 @ 10:51 am
I can't seem to get them to work there show up but no files are seen

geposted Thu 03 Oct 19 @ 10:59 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The files you added come from the drive?
If you add files to a virtual folder that are stored on the main pc, the contents of the virtual folder will also be stored on the main pc.

geposted Thu 03 Oct 19 @ 11:14 am
Thank you Adion. I now have virtual folders working on Mac & Pc but favourite folders show up but nothing shows up in the folders on mac if you do the folder on PC & Vice a versa. DJ filter folders work as well ??

geposted Thu 03 Oct 19 @ 4:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)