Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: MOVING FAVORITE LISTS FROM OLD COMPUTER TO NEW

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,
Can you tell me how to move favorite lists to my new computer, my playlists have moved over with no problem but I cannot get my favorite lists to work.

geposted Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 2:55 pm
You mean favourite folders? The important thing is that any paths in the vdjfolder files will need to exist on the new computer.

geposted Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 3:10 pm
yes i meant the favourite folders but i am not that great with computers so where do i find the info from the old computer that i need to bring to the new computer?

geposted Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 3:29 pm
The info? Did you not copy everything in your VDJ directory from old to new computer? I assumed you did, because you said the favourites didn't work, not that they weren't there.

If you've copied everything then you just need to ensure that the locations you've made into favourites actually exist on the new computer.

i.e. if you've favourited a folder called C:/Dogbiscuits on your old system, you need to create C:/Dogbiscuits on your new system.

geposted Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 4:50 pm
so do i have to create new favourites?

geposted Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 12:44 pm
I am very uneducated with computers so you are saying it has to have the same path, how can i find the path on the old computer?

geposted Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 1:00 pm
[sigh] Your existing favourites will work, as long as:

A) You've copied the vdjfiles from the old computer to the new one.
B) The folders that those favourites reference actually exist in the same locations on the new computer.

geposted Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 1:00 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)