Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Custom buttons mirrored

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am using the default skin PRO with the 4 channel mixer.
Up til version v8.4 b5302 the 4 custom buttons on the left and right deck could be assigned to different actions.
After I upgraded to the newer versions (v8.4 b5352), the custom buttons are mirrored on the left and right deck.
Instead of having 8 custom buttons actions there are now only 4 actions.
I have searched for a setting in the options menu, but I can not find one.

P.S. this goes also for the custom slider buttons

Appreciate your help.

geposted Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 7:30 pm
Hi,
same thing , those became as per deck functions, better if can customize if you want those 1-4 , and 5-8 on the other deck

GK

geposted Fri 08 Nov 19 @ 10:04 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
take care when enabling again these buttons in the .xml file
original map is 1..5 for left and 6..10 for right
with 5 being left custom slider and 10 being rignt one

the set of custom buttons have just been copy/pasted in new skin, not updated
only rennumbering the buttons in the right deck is enough
all three verbs have to alter their parameters "custom_button", "custom_button_edit", "custom_button name"

for 'Pro" skin
look for group name="area_custom"
first one near line 2314 is left one
second one near line 3002 is right one
fix the second one

geposted Sat 09 Nov 19 @ 8:19 am
GKAudiO DJ wrote :
Hi,
same thing , those became as per deck functions, better if can customize if you want those 1-4 , and 5-8 on the other deck

GK

Hello GKAudiO DJ,
I agree with you, if people want the right and left custom buttons and sliders to be mirrored and others would like not to be mirrored, it should be an option in the settings.

Thanks.

geposted Sat 09 Nov 19 @ 9:01 pm
Nicotux wrote :

all three verbs have to alter their parameters "custom_button", "custom_button_edit", "custom_button name"

for 'Pro" skin
fix the second one

Hello Nicotux.

I am not experienced in tinkering with xml-files. Never had to do that with VirtualDJ. I like to use the default skins, settings, options, etc.
If I would give your suggestion a try then my first problem is locating the xml-file and its proper name.
I looked in C:\Users\Me\Documents\VirtualDJ\Skins\Default. Is that the right place? If so how is the name of the file?
The file "4 Decks.xml" does not contain the the named section.

Thanks anyway for your suggestion.

RockinDJ

geposted Sat 09 Nov 19 @ 9:10 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
C:\Users\Me\Documents\VirtualDJ\Skins\Default\pro.xml

geposted Sat 09 Nov 19 @ 9:55 pm
If he's got 4 Decks.xml in that folder, that's the old default skin. He needs to select the new 2020 skin and click 'edit this skin' to create a new folder.

geposted Sat 09 Nov 19 @ 10:14 pm
Hello locodog, groovindj,

Thanks for the info.
On my notebook (Windows 10) I can save the default skins from 2020.
However on my pc (Windows 10 and used to test new thing) I cannot save the skins. Have to look into it. Possible some security settings.

Thanks for your help.

geposted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 11:36 am
Got my custom buttons (sliders) working.
On my PC I had first to delete the default directory (with the older skins) within the skin directory.
Only after that action the new default skins would be saved in the newly created default directory.

Possible a bug??

geposted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 8:21 pm
Nicotux wrote :

for 'Pro" skin
fix the second one

Thank you Nicotux

This worked great to create 5 new Custom Buttons for the Right Deck in a Modified Pro Skin, (10 in total now, (8 buttons, 2 sliders)).
(I can still create the same buttons on the Right Deck if desired, but can select them independently, they are NOT Mirrored.)

Original Button Group in the Panel code for the Pro.xml file (starting at line 3002)

<group name="area_custom" x="+306-24+10" y="+10+90+10">
<panel name="@custom_[PANELNAME]" group="custom_[PANELNAME]" visible="yes" available="yes" displayname="Custom Buttons">
<panel class="area_tab" x="+169-10" orientation="vertical-cw" action1="skin_panelgroup 'custom_[PANELNAME]' +1" action2="skin_panelgroup_available 'custom_[PANELNAME]'" text="USER" localize="true"/>
<slider class="horfxslider" x="+26+10+17" y="+50-13-35+11" action="custom_button 5" rightclick="custom_button_edit 5" defaultvalue="0" />
<group name="custom_buttons" x="+24+10" y="+100-28-28-6">
<button class="button_main" x="+0" y="+0" width="55" height="28" action="custom_button 1" textaction="custom_button_name 1" rightclick="custom_button_edit 1" textcolor="textoff3"/>
<button class="button_main" x="+55+6" y="+0" width="55" height="28" action="custom_button 2" textaction="custom_button_name 2" rightclick="custom_button_edit 2" textcolor="textoff3"/>
</group>
<group name="custom_buttons2" x="+24+10" y="+100-28">
<button class="button_main" x="+0" y="+0" width="55" height="28" action="custom_button 3" textaction="custom_button_name 3" rightclick="custom_button_edit 3" textcolor="textoff3"/>
<button class="button_main" x="+55+6" y="+0" width="55" height="28" action="custom_button 4" textaction="custom_button_name 4" rightclick="custom_button_edit 4" textcolor="textoff3"/>
</group>

Modified Button Group in the Panel code for the NEW Pro.xml file in the newly created skin (starting at line 3002)

<group name="area_custom" x="+306-24+10" y="+10+90+10">
<panel name="@custom_[PANELNAME]" group="custom_[PANELNAME]" visible="yes" available="yes" displayname="Custom Buttons">
<panel class="area_tab" x="+169-10" orientation="vertical-cw" action1="skin_panelgroup 'custom_[PANELNAME]' +1" action2="skin_panelgroup_available 'custom_[PANELNAME]'" text="USER" localize="true"/>
<slider class="horfxslider" x="+26+10+17" y="+50-13-35+11" action="custom_button 10" rightclick="custom_button_edit 10" defaultvalue="0" />
<group name="custom_buttons" x="+24+10" y="+100-28-28-6">
<button class="button_main" x="+0" y="+0" width="55" height="28" action="custom_button 6" textaction="custom_button_name 6" rightclick="custom_button_edit 6" textcolor="textoff3"/>
<button class="button_main" x="+55+6" y="+0" width="55" height="28" action="custom_button 7" textaction="custom_button_name 7" rightclick="custom_button_edit 7" textcolor="textoff3"/>
</group>
<group name="custom_buttons2" x="+24+10" y="+100-28">
<button class="button_main" x="+0" y="+0" width="55" height="28" action="custom_button 8" textaction="custom_button_name 8" rightclick="custom_button_edit 8" textcolor="textoff3"/>
<button class="button_main" x="+55+6" y="+0" width="55" height="28" action="custom_button 9" textaction="custom_button_name 9" rightclick="custom_button_edit 9" textcolor="textoff3"/>
</group>

Now that my arm has been twisted, and I am modifying skins.

Is there programing interface to help create the xml code?

IE: when one creates a webpage, one uses a GUI interface that helps generate the xml code.

Is there something equivalent, for creating skins for VDJ?

-----------------------------------------------------------

For reference, a more recent, Related Thread on this topic:

Topic: custom buttons http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/236629/Wishes_and_new_features/custom_buttons.html?search=custom%20&page=1

geposted Thu 12 Nov 20 @ 5:44 pm
My wish is that the 10 custom button feature, could once again be added back to the default Pro (and Performance) skins.

Since it would be easier if users did not need to update their modified skins when VDJ continues to add other amazing things to the program.

geposted Thu 12 Nov 20 @ 6:58 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Is there programing interface to help create the xml code?

There never has been - not from Atomix themselves (TTBOMK).

The nearest we have for VDJ 8 is Skin Creator by djdad, but this is a little outdated already. It uses bitmap graphics, not vector, and it cannot be used to modify existing skins.

I prefer Skin Builder (also by djdad) which does use vector code and runs as a skin in VDJ. Again though, it's for making skins rather than modifying them.

geposted Fri 13 Nov 20 @ 11:30 am
RanikiPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Yes it would be great to have mirrored/unmirrored custom buttons as an option.

As IIDEEJAYII, says in terms of the skin it is not that technical and I doscovered even for a skinning newbie like myself it is possible to do it oneself relatively easily by modifying the skin code, but that does mean you have to do it every time the default skin changes to take on some fab new feature - which would be a pain :-(

I did suggest/ask for this when the feature was dropped (as I had been using the custom buttons in a particular way up until then that needed non-mirrored buttons).... but to no avail :-(

geposted Sat 14 Nov 20 @ 4:07 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)