Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: my controller stopped working

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

RazKoolControlleristMember since 2015
Hi there

I have upgraded to the latest VDJ2020 (from VDJ8) and I now find that my ReLoop BeatPad controller just stops working after a while.

Some functionality remains but the play/cue button will stop responding as will the central scroll wheel for selecting tracks.

If I close VDJ and reopen it, it works fine for a while and then goes wrong again. It was fine before going to VDJ202 !

How can I downgrade back to the final build of VDJ8 (or fix my problem ?)

Brian

geposted Sat 09 Nov 19 @ 11:15 am
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Sadly I can't help you but... Do you think your apocalyptic title is fair or accurate?

geposted Sat 09 Nov 19 @ 2:14 pm
For anyone now reading, VDJ2020 has stopped my controller from working properly - It IS NOT broken!! Thanks for the lesson in English.

Having done some further investigation it appears to be an issue with the SHIFT key and the while_pressed verb.

The SHIFT key is mapped as "set 'shift' 1 while_pressed & set '$shift' 1 while_pressed"

This used to mean functions were only altered to their shifted state whilst the shift key was being pressed/held down but now it appear that the key latches down and has to be pressed a second time to be released.

Hopefully someone who can help rather than criticise my English will let me know if there is a known issue.

geposted Sat 09 Nov 19 @ 3:25 pm
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
How a Spaniard would criticize the English language of an English man? This is nuts. What I'm telling you is your title is just absolutely ofensive, a reliable software is not a virus and doesn't broke any hardware. Just a matter of reading comprehension.
Making false statements is not the best way to ask for help, but best of luck with your issue anyway, hope you find what you are looking for.

geposted Sat 09 Nov 19 @ 5:09 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
@RazCool, what happens when you run an older version of VDJ?

geposted Sat 09 Nov 19 @ 5:28 pm
Don’t shot me down here as I’ve only got my head back into the forum and updates recently, but I’m sure variable ‘shift’ is now global and no longer requires $ as a precursor. I’d try change the name of one of your variables to see if this makes a difference.

Again, don’t take this as gospel as I ain’t no expert.

geposted Sat 09 Nov 19 @ 8:46 pm
Unfortunately I'm unable to try it in the older version now as I uninstalled it but I know how it used to function which is what threw me when certain parts of the decks became unresponsive - I didn't realise that the shift key was latching.

I have tried with just the right hand part of the 'shift' prior to the chained & command using $shift and it didn't make any difference. I think while_pressed is the issue and not working as should be.

Broken: "damaged, no longer able to work:"

I think "no longer able to work" is a fair description ! (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/broken)

geposted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 10:03 am
...but it's not the controller that's broken - it's the script in VDJ. :-)

geposted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 10:43 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It should be enough to replace the mapping to simply 'shift' assigned to SHIFT.

geposted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 11:26 am
Thanks Groovindj - I realise that now after doing further investigation but at the time of posting that wasn't clear. I think while_pressed is not working but no one from VDJ has confirmed that.

Adion - Thanks for the reply. So at present SHIFT is mapped as "set 'shift' 1 while_pressed & set '$shift' 1 while_pressed"

I've tried your suggestion and that does not work.

The functionality I used to have is that SHIFT was only on whilst I held the shift key down - As soon as I released it, the shift came off. Now, no matter what I have tried, pressing shift makes it latch on and I have to press it a second time to get it to latch off.

I practical terms, say I want to delete a stored cue, I have to press and release the shift key, hit the cue key and then press the shift key again.

Previously (under VDJ8) I could just press & hold the shift, dab the cue button and then release the shift key - That was far more natural and in a busy mix environment far easier to do.

geposted Mon 11 Nov 19 @ 11:04 am
Map - set ‘$shift’ while_pressed, check all your mapping is looking for the above script, save, shut down VDJ then open back up. If it doesn’t work there’s another script interfering with it, but your current script is setting shift to 200% and the release of the button is reducing it to 100%..........I think.

geposted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 4:15 pm
Soz @BigChap88 but that doesn't work either.

I've even gone back to the default .xml controller file that VDJ supply for my controller and it does the same.

geposted Fri 15 Nov 19 @ 6:05 pm
what controller are you using

geposted Tue 19 Nov 19 @ 3:00 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)