Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: [solved]vdj remote issues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hi everybody

i have a strange issue :

On my desktop computer (win 10 1903 64 bit & bonjour 3.0.0.10 installed) when i run the remote on my phone + tablet (connected to the same wifi), it runs smoothly & connects immediately and even shows the 2 devices in the vdj remote tab.

on my laptop (win 10 1903 64 bit-bonjour 3.0.0.10 installed) when i do the same (connected to the same wifi) vdj does not discover the 2 devices in the remote tab (one each time) but i have to input the ip the remote gives me to connect. It then connects but also disconnects a lot.

I do get a pop-up window to install bonjour printing service (although it points me to bonjour 2.2 on the apple page)
I tried that but nothing changed, i just had 1 bonjour & 1 bonjour printing service installed .

My question is why this is happening on my laptop and not on my desktop ?
They are almost identical in setup (windows-bonjour)

thanks in advance

geposted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 10:56 pm
 Best Answer Check your firewall is not blocking either VDJ or Bonjour

geposted Fri 22 Nov 19 @ 2:35 pm[ selected best answer by locoDog on Fri 22 Nov 19 @ 4:51 pm ]
Is the desktop hardwired, using a network cable to connect to your router?

I assume your laptop is using a wireless connection, but desktops don't usually have wifi.

geposted Wed 13 Nov 19 @ 5:49 pm
groovindj wrote :
Is the desktop hardwired, using a network cable to connect to your router?

I assume your laptop is using a wireless connection, but desktops don't usually have wifi.

YES & YES
does it matter ?

geposted Wed 13 Nov 19 @ 6:37 pm
It may matter, because the data is taking a different route.

The remote connects to the desktop like this: remote -> wifi -> router -> cable -> desktop

For the laptop however it's: remote -> wifi -> router -> wifi -> laptop.

Connect the laptop to the router with a network cable and see if the remote works then.

geposted Wed 13 Nov 19 @ 6:48 pm
still the same issue.

is it maybe because on the desktop i have windows 10 pro & on the laptop windows 10 home ?

i tried it through the router with the laptop with cable connection but no luck..
you still need to input the ip manually to connect & i still get the message to install bonjour (although it is already installed)
Do i have to install itunes maybe ?

geposted Fri 22 Nov 19 @ 1:55 pm
Check your firewall is not blocking either VDJ or Bonjour

Selected as best answer geposted Fri 22 Nov 19 @ 2:35 pm
...!! yes that was the reason (probably)

the windows firewall

it now works as intended !

thanks a lot

geposted Fri 22 Nov 19 @ 4:04 pm
No problem, have a great weekend!

geposted Fri 22 Nov 19 @ 4:25 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)