Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: A Way To Save Rack Options...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Is there a way to save my rack options, so that it opens with them selected? I use video and effects, but have to choose them every time I open VDJ.

geposted Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 8:41 pm
might add an option for that, although it was initially meant as rack you'd be changing/viewing on the fly, and not keep open as much

geposted Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 9:06 pm
As a Video DJ, I always want my video windows open. Is there another way to do that, with performance layout selected? Also, since the SR-2 doesn't have displays, the effect windows allow me to see what is happening when I'm doing it, especially when you use a second parameter with shift+.

geposted Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 10:02 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
wouldn't a KB ONINIT mapping do it

set '$video_rack' 1 & set '$fx_rack' 1 & load_skin

Although +1 on making it them persistent skinPanel, as far as I understand can't all skin variables be dealt with as PSP's?
'RECLAIM THE VAR_LIST! XD

geposted Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 11:59 pm
C'mon, you know I don't speak Klingon. Can you tell me how to do this in English, please? I have trouble doing basic stuff, this is over my head.

geposted Wed 15 Jan 20 @ 7:42 am
You're aware of KeyBoard mapping.
ONINIT is a 'key' that is called on initialisation [start up]
The script sets two variables [with very descriptive names] to true. It then reloads the skin, so the skin can react to these variables being true.

geposted Thu 16 Jan 20 @ 1:59 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Interesting interractions to know
as performance layouts set racks at onload, does ONINIT come before or after skin is loaded ?
does reloading a skin activate onload actions again ?

<!-- rack layout -->
<onload action="set '$singlerack' 0"/>
<onload action="set '$singlerack' 1" condition="var_equal '@$decklayout' 1 && var_not_equal '@$4decks' 0"/>
<onload action="set '$singlerack' 1" condition="var_equal '@$decklayout' 0 && var_not_equal '@$4decks' 0"/>
<onload action="set '$singlerack' 1" condition="var_equal '@$decklayout' 2 && var_not_equal '@$4decks' 0"/>

<!-- Multi Rack -->
<group condition="var_not_equal '$singlerack' 1">
<!-- reset racks -->
<onload action="set '$rack' 0"/>
</group>
<!-- Single Rack -->
<group condition="var_equal '$singlerack' 1">
<!-- reset racks -->
<onload action="set '$mix_rack' 0"/>
<onload action="set '$fx_rack' 0"/>
<onload action="set '$video_rack' 0"/>
</group>
<group condition="var_equal '$resetrack' 1">
<!-- reset racks -->
<onload action="set '$rack' 0"/>
<onload action="set '$mix_rack' 0"/>
<onload action="set '$fx_rack' 0"/>
<onload action="set '$video_rack' 0"/>
<onload action="set '$resetrack' 0"/>
</group>

geposted Thu 16 Jan 20 @ 2:36 am
Yes they'll be acted on.

side note not sure if this layout was ever intended but current logic lets you have this if you do stuff in the right order

geposted Thu 16 Jan 20 @ 3:22 am
locodog wrote :
You're aware of KeyBoard mapping.
ONINIT is a 'key' that is called on initialisation [start up]
The script sets two variables [with very descriptive names] to true. It then reloads the skin, so the skin can react to these variables being true.

Thank you for that script, after a few tries, it worked perfectly. Yes I'm aware of keyboard mapping, but I'm not good at it. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, that's why I asked the company for an options. It was not just for myself, but others that also have trouble with mapping. If it's simple for the company, then let's do it. This is a passion of yours, so it comes easy for you. Thank you for your help.

geposted Sat 18 Jan 20 @ 6:17 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)