Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Freestyler DMX is not receiving midi clock

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm dealing with something strange.
My new latest laptop is installed with VDJ 2020. I got the Freestyler DMX fx and Freestyler midi remote add-on installed and Freestyler is receiving commands but won't receive the beatclock.
I tried about everything. Un-install and go back to an earlier version of Virtual DJ.. What's markable is that even with above add-ons uninstalled the midi remote function in virtual DJ (controlling cue's and override buttons for example) is still present

I tried to make a video of my screen but I can't capture my whole screen (Freestyler and Virtual DJ together), but my screenrecorder only records Virtual DJ for some reason.
Of course I got all settigs the Freestyler 8 menu selected (enable: on, send beats: on, send commands: on)

On my older computer(s) all is running like it should and never had to setup anything special in Freestyler or Virtual DJ . but on this one I can't figure out what causes the problem of this. Any suggestion on things to check?

Thanx in advance :-)

geposted Sat 18 Jan 20 @ 12:36 am
Found what caused the problem (or why it was not working).

Sound to light had to be set to 'running'. I can't remember anything of doing that before with the.. Way before the great Freestyler add-ons I used to route midi clock from Virtual DJ by a virtual midi port into Freestyler, so it would pick up the beat.. but apparantly this is still an important part (or port actually) to have a look at when sequences aren't triggered by Virtual DJ

geposted Sat 18 Jan 20 @ 11:31 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)