Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Need help fo mapping (VDJscript)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello,

I'm new to djing and also to vdj. I now want to mapping my controller (Hercules DJControl Jogvision) to my needs.

i do not understand the syntax of the vdjscript, so i hope that someone can help me.
My controller only have one "VINYL" button, but every deck has its own "SHIFT" button.
My idea was to use the shift-button to tell vdj wich deck should toggle the vinyl-mode.
i can't find anything helpful to tell vdj wich shift-button was pressed (deck 1 or deck 2).

Please help me. (Sorry for my english ;-) )

geposted Fri 28 Feb 20 @ 8:30 pm

In the simplest form :
shift ? deck 1 vinyl_mode : deck 2 vinyl_mode

The syntax being : this true ? then do this : else do this.
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

On this particular controller there is 2 entries in the mapper list though ("vinyl mode" and "shift_vinyl_mode"). One for button with shift one for button without shift.
So for one entry just add : deck 2 vinyl_mode, for the other entry deck 1 vinyl_mode

geposted Fri 28 Feb 20 @ 9:18 pm
Thanks for the reply,

I tried it, but unfortunately only deck 1 changes to vinyl mode, even if I press shift on deck 2.
I would like that if I only press vinyl mode, both decks go into vinyl mode, but if I only want deck 1/2 in vinyl mode, then I press the shift button of the corresponding deck and the vinyl mode button.
is that somehow doable?

would be great!

geposted Fri 28 Feb 20 @ 11:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
no, shift maybe two buttons on your controller but they send the exact same signal [or more likely they don't send a signal at all, they perform the "shift" at the firmware level which changes the signal that is sent from your vinyl button]

geposted Sat 29 Feb 20 @ 1:31 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
as said there is a SHIFT_VINYL_MODE free entry
it seems on this particular controller device itself is handling decks with shifted functions
mapping it to "vinyl_mode" may be enough

geposted Sat 29 Feb 20 @ 1:32 am
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :

In the simplest form :
shift ? deck 1 vinyl_mode : deck 2 vinyl_mode

The syntax being : this true ? then do this : else do this.
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

On this particular controller there is 2 entries in the mapper list though ("vinyl mode" and "shift_vinyl_mode"). One for button with shift one for button without shift.
So for one entry just add : deck 2 vinyl_mode, for the other entry deck 1 vinyl_mode

Rune I have a mixdeck and am now just getting to understand my problem over the past few days of where I was going wrong in script. The mixdeck has SCRATCH & LED_SCRATCH. If this string shift ? deck 1 vinyl_mode : deck 2 vinyl_mode fixes my issue, do I need to add anything or change anything for the LED_SCRATCH?

geposted Tue 03 Mar 20 @ 1:53 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)