Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: joggwheel mapping option for custom button

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

so i have mapped my DDJ_SZ to be able to cue scratch now

use on a custom button: toggle 'cuescratch'

CUE button : var 'cuescratch' ? goto_cue & cue_stop & set 'CueON' 1 while_pressed : cue_stop & set 'CueON' 1 while_pressed

JOGWHEEL : var 'cuescratch' ? down ? goto_cue & touchwheel_touch : touchwheel_touch

and it works like a charm. but the thing is i like to scratch with the cross fader doing combos allso. i can do this by choosing the factory settings , but if its possible i want to be able to toggle the joggwheel from the cue script to normal script and not have to go in the settings mid set.

i was messing around with another custom button for the jogs. but i dont really see how i could map the jogwheel to toggle between these 2 modes.

any takers ? have an awesome day! and stay healthy folks.

geposted Wed 18 Mar 20 @ 6:06 pm
so basically i want to be able to toggle between 2 diffrent functions for the jogwheel.

geposted Fri 20 Mar 20 @ 5:41 pm
talent-løs wrote :
so basically i want to be able to toggle between 2 diffrent functions for the jogwheel.

Not sure I understood your post. Didnt you say it worked like a charm already?
And something about the crossfader?
if it worked like charm already I guess the toggle you made already works for the jogs no?

Or do you mean vinyl mode on/off when scratching, since you said something with crossfader?

geposted Fri 20 Mar 20 @ 7:09 pm
okay maybe im not expressing myself porperly.

i want the joggwhell when cued to return to the cue point after realese(paused) so it works on cdjs(if you know the cue scrath, i think its called needle lock in record box). now i have made it work like that.

the downside of this mapping is that if i wanna scratch in the normal style. the joggwhel is non responsive when i hit play.

all i wanna do is make the joggwheel lock on the cue point so it return to the cue point after scrathing.

so i was wondering if there is a way to toggle the joggwheel. to behave in 2 diffrent ways.

and no i do not mean or mention vinyl mode.

geposted Sat 21 Mar 20 @ 11:35 am
talent-løs wrote :

use on a custom button: toggle 'cuescratch'
CUE button : var 'cuescratch' ? goto_cue & cue_stop & set 'CueON' 1 while_pressed : cue_stop & set 'CueON' 1 while_pressed
JOGWHEEL : var 'cuescratch' ? down ? goto_cue & touchwheel_touch : touchwheel_touch

So if I understood correctly, you want this "goto cue" behavior to be off when you scratch "normally"... right?
Isnt that what the custom button: toggle 'cuescratch' is mapped to do? turn it off ?

geposted Sat 21 Mar 20 @ 3:05 pm
im guessing its that … im not much of a mapper myself.

if i toggle it "off" the jogwheel is non-responsive if i hit play…. and im confused why i cant toggle between the "cuescratch" thing and normal jogg behavior.

i can go in settings and go back to factory settings… its just a hassle mid set to do so.

geposted Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 12:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Perhaps the JOG_TOUCH key needs to be ..
var 'cuescratch' ? down ? goto_cue & touchwheel_touch : touchwheel_touch : touchwheel_touch

and if you want to keep CBG adjust mode (same as in factory mapping), it needs to be ..
var 'CBGShift' 1 ? nothing : var 'CBGWidth' ? nothing : var 'cuescratch' ? down ? goto_cue & touchwheel_touch : touchwheel_touch : touchwheel_touch

geposted Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 1:40 pm
okay i will try it out alittle later :), will let ya know what happens

geposted Mon 23 Mar 20 @ 9:28 am
"Flawless victory" it seems it works perfectly now. i can toggle betwwen cue scratch behavior and the normnal jog behavior with the press of a button

thanks alot :)

geposted Mon 23 Mar 20 @ 9:40 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)