Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: slip mode play/pause problem
slip mode only works scratching, cue and other effects; in slip mode, i want pause a song and it keep continue play like cdj (music sound silence but keep playing), and it depend on how many beat i stopped keep playing after i press play button again.
please dont tell me to bind play&pause on my play button.

geposted Thu 02 Apr 20 @ 6:42 pm
I HOPE TOO !!5630 NOT improve!!!!! This function is very needed!!!!

geposted Sat 11 Apr 20 @ 6:42 pm
So you want the pause button to NOT pause? You want it to do nothing?

If you want the track to keep playing but not be heard, just pull the channel fader down.

geposted Sat 11 Apr 20 @ 7:26 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
may be remap to slip_mode ? mute : play_pause

geposted Sat 11 Apr 20 @ 8:04 pm
groovindj wrote :
So you want the pause button to NOT pause? You want it to do nothing?

If you want the track to keep playing but not be heard, just pull the channel fader down.

SLIP+brake+Pause have Special sound effects!!!

geposted Sat 09 May 20 @ 3:30 pm
CreagoHome userMember since 2018
How do I invite people on to my profile to hear my sets

geposted Sat 09 May 20 @ 3:32 pm
i'm chinese! so ,english not! slip+brack+play have Effect on cdj2000nxs2! BUT vdj can't slip+brack+play! because ON SLIP+Pause,VDJ stop music ,can't go on play music. But cdj2000nxs2 can!!!
Start 01:40

geposted Sat 09 May 20 @ 3:40 pm
Hello,
I love to customize the VDJ mapping for my prime4, lastly during a set,I discovered also this issue.
The goals is play/stop repeatedly with a "vinyl effect" during the mix with slip mode in order to continue the played track aligned to the melody by example. I didn't found if it's already fixed in another way in VDJ.
Then I just want to share the tip I used:
Adapting the mapping for the slip and the play button... I use pioneer_play but it's not mandatory.
In the "Slip" button mapping : slip ? set 'slip_active' 0 & slip && slip_mode : set 'slip_active' 1 & slip && slip_mode
in the "Play" button mapping : is_audible? pioneer_play : var 'slip_active' ? pioneer_play & slip && slip : pioneer_play
After this go to the VDJ's Settings, find the "RampStopTime" parameter and change the value to something like 0.7 to create the "stopped vinyl" effect.
Work as it should for me. If I m not wrong, the question in this post was pretty similar.
Don't forget to make a backup of your current mapping with another name before each change you make ;-)
Hope that can help.

geposted Sun 08 Aug 21 @ 7:23 pm