Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: casting video to crome cast

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I got this. i have multiple screens on running virtual dj , the second running windows and the third i selected as shader video . i opened crome in the center then went to the three dots and clicked . then at the bottom it says sources and clicked on it. then cast desk top and it shows me a photo of the three screens . select the one showing the shader . click and its up and running. I did notice a lag in the video on the main screen vs the crome cast in the other room .. thoughts?

geposted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 5:21 am
Pretty sure there will be a delay casting from Chrome Browser capturing the desktop, and then sending it to a chromecast device. ;-)
Not only will it need to "encode and capture" the desktop, but also transmit it over network to a secondary device that needs to decode and display.
Seems like there is bound to be some delay ..

geposted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 3:54 pm
Is it possible for VDJ to send video output to Chromecast or a smart TV directly?

Would be a great feature I would certainly use.

geposted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 4:09 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Is it possible for VDJ to send video output to Chromecast or a smart TV directly?

Would be a great feature I would certainly use.

Was an idea on the table earlier.. maybe worth adding one day yes ;-)

geposted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 4:11 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
for SmartTV (and wire[less] projector and tablet and phone and laptop) i use spacedesk for years without many problems but win10 firewall resetting every "new wifi detected"
virtual device is win only and only tested with android TV/projector
I also tested mhl hdmi adapter with old phone (S3 & S5) as casting dongle (wifi usb bt)

geposted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 4:24 pm
i was about to buy a 650.00 HDMI wireless receiver and transmitter. Im only afraid of lag. What i need is instant with little or zero delay or I wouldn't use it.

geposted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 6:34 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)