Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: auto mic ducking revisited

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i was just thinking about a different method to be able to do auto ducking...but im not sure if it's possible script-wise.
can the get_vu level 'mic' be queried?
if so..that value can be constantly monitored and once it is above a certain value(meaning the mic is active)...the line faders could be dropped(instantaneous with no fade is ok for me)...and returned to 100% when the vu level of the mic is queit(mic is not being used)..something like

mic & get_vu_meter "'mic' & param bigger 10% ? mic_talkover on : mic_talkover off

obviously the above doesnt work and it is just a guide to what im talking about

geposted Wed 29 Apr 20 @ 2:47 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
depends on the hw if vdj even gets a mic level but if it does it can be queried, you'd want a rsi constantly monitoring it

geposted Wed 29 Apr 20 @ 9:43 am
I'm trying it with my onboarding soundboard.. so I think it should work...

geposted Wed 29 Apr 20 @ 12:48 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
this one is working
repeat_start mduck ? repeat_stop mduck & mic_talkover off : repeat_start_instant mduck 100ms -1 & param_bigger 10% "get_level_peak mic" ? mic_talkover on : mic_talkover off

Can make a cool effect (mic to 0) depending on talkover settings
repeat_start mduck ? repeat_stop duck & mic_talkover off : repeat_start_instant mduck 100ms -1 & param_bigger 10% "get_level_peak master" ? mic_talkover on : mic_talkover off

geposted Wed 29 Apr 20 @ 1:33 pm
thanks again nico...i used your scripts to construct one of my own..instead of the peak level..im using the actual vu level of the mic(this gets rid of the slight delay in bringing back up the volume..and i wanted mine instantaneous and a full cut of no volume...i have set it up so as the script also acts as a mic on and off switch...here 's my version incase anyone is interested

mic & repeat_start mduck ? repeat_stop mduck : repeat_start_instant mduck 33ms & param_bigger 40% "get_vu_meter 'mic'" ? deck 1 level 0% & deck 2 level 0% : deck 1 level 100% & deck 2 level 100%

geposted Wed 29 Apr 20 @ 7:46 pm
slight modification...to scratch djs who use the line fader to do non scratch transitions...this above script may inhibit your performance if u are on the mic during the transition...as both line faders will be under the control of the script. a work around for this is to use the "mute" action.
ps..this is if u are using full cut off on the volume as this will mute the decks entirely..and free up your line faders.

mic & repeat_start mduck ? repeat_stop mduck : repeat_start_instant mduck 33ms & param_bigger 40% "get_vu_meter 'mic'" ? deck 1 mute on & deck 2 mute on : deck 1 mute off & deck 2 mute off

the mute effect does not save over sessions...so your mute cannot be "stuck" over sessions and give u sound problems.
also...if it is "stuck" during a session...simply turn on your custom script...and it will reset the mute effect.

peace out!!

geposted Sat 02 May 20 @ 6:10 pm
top THX !

geposted Sun 21 Feb 21 @ 5:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)