Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Switching Pad Modes Mapping HELP
Hey everyone

I'm kinda stumped on trying to map a single button that switches the pad modes. I have a Numark Mixtrack Pro 3. I want to assign the pad mode button to switch between: hotcues, keycues, loop roll etc.

By default, there are 8 pads on the Numark Mixtrack Pro 3. The default layout allows the pad mode button to switch between loop modes on the top 4 pads and the bottom 4 pads are just stuck on hotcues 1-4.

I simply want a way to hit the pad mode button on the controller and be able to switch between pads and have my 8 buttons control each bank of a page. I hope this makes sense If there's already a topic open, kindly direct me to it. TIA

geposted Sun 17 May 20 @ 10:12 pm
Hi! I found this just a bit earlier from a post by DJDad

pad_page_favorite 1 ? pad_page_favorite 2 : pad_page_favorite 2 ? pad_page_favorite 3 : pad_page_favorite 3 ? pad_page_favorite 4 : pad_page_favorite 1

you can setup whatever favorites you want in the pad edition then cycle through them with your modes button.

geposted Mon 18 May 20 @ 6:56 am
Thanks man!

I've tried this and many other variations, still no luck :( I just can't get it to switch the pad page favourites. I even tried using the eyedropper tool to select the pad page but it maps the right-click, which pulls up the menu/edit dropdown which defeats the entire purpose because I'll still have to use the mouse to select what favourite I want.

I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong because I've mapped other functions correctly.

geposted Mon 18 May 20 @ 9:52 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

geposted Mon 18 May 20 @ 9:55 am
I don't know if I should jump off a cliff now. I've tried all of your steps and for the life of me, The pad pages don't switch when mapped to a button, I've even tried different buttons with no luck. I really don't know :(

geposted Mon 18 May 20 @ 1:57 pm
Can you post a picture of what it looks like in your controller mapping?

geposted Mon 18 May 20 @ 7:22 pm
I am having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

geposted Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 10:03 pm