Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Creating custom controller key - VDJ 2020

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi everyone,

I hope i'm opening this inquiry in the correct forum, if it's not, sorry in advance to the forum moderator i'll move my post accordingly afterwards. I'm a home plus user with a Numark Mixtrack Platinum (not FX version) and i would like to modify the key mapping of my controller.

I read the wiki pages about custom mappers and custom controller files and i think i could do the changes myself without too much issue since i only want to create a new shortcut to a new pad page. The issue is that i cannot see the original XML file for the controller, only the mapping XML files (i saved a modified version of my controller mapping via the settings section). I problem is that the key combo i'm pressing isn't recognized by virtual dj in the key box registry (the thing that detects your controller key actions).

I'm assuming it's because that key combo isn't native to the Numark (i just want to create a "hotcue" pad key page which would be a 4th combo to the existing 3 , manual loop, auto loop and sampler).

Can someone help me? I've contacted the help chat of VDJ bit without any useful information other than pointing me to the folder Devices and Mappers that i already knew about in the wiki page.

Thanks in advance to the community for the help.

Cheers,

Elderzerz

geposted Tue 19 May 20 @ 4:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
MagikaFish wrote :
... problem is that the key combo i'm pressing isn't recognized by virtual dj in the key box registry

What's the key combination you are trying to map ?

geposted Tue 19 May 20 @ 5:03 pm
Hi,

I'm trying to do a "HOTCUES_MODE" key which is composed of "Padmode + PAD4". It only recognize "Padmode + PAD1 = Manual loop", "Padmode + PAD2 Autoloop" and "Padmode + PAD3 = sampler". I'm assuming that the PadMode + P4 isn't mapped to anything in the XML device file so i cannot assign that combo anything.

Let me know if it make sense,

cheers!

geposted Tue 19 May 20 @ 6:04 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
How I read that mapping, padmode is a hardware modifier and only the first 3 pads respond to it.
so that's not possible [I don't think], however SHIFT_DECK X [all 4] are free so you could link your command to those.

there's also shift_[+hardware mode modifier] all 3 of them are open, but 3 buttons at once is clumsy.

there's also adding a doubleclick query to your HWmode mod that would let you have 3 more pad setups, e.g.
KEY: autoloop_mode
doubleclick ? pad_page 'YOUR PAD' : pad_page 'PL Auto'

and one other way would be sacrifice one HWmode mod to call an index padpage
you give up speed [1 more button press] but for 8 more padpage sets

geposted Tue 19 May 20 @ 6:17 pm
Your first statement is correct, it seems that way indeed! I thought modifying the XML device file would enable me to map that key combo and basically create a new modifier page with PAD 4. And 3 button combo is a bit clumsy indeed.

As for overriding an existing HWmode, i initially tried it with the sampler one since i don't use it much but then i had mapping issues. The pad keys would send instructions to both decks at the same time; perhaps it's me doing the remapping wrong (not in the XML file directly, using VDJ's tool).

Thanks for the help mate.

Cheers,

geposted Wed 20 May 20 @ 1:53 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That I couldn't read from the mapper. Maybe more luck with one of the other 2?

geposted Wed 20 May 20 @ 4:40 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)