Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Script on pad button works with mouse click but NOT using the pads on a physical controller

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi Folks,

I have a script that should do the following with Camera plugin:

I want to use the new camera switch functionality of webcam plugin to switch exactly after 16 beats to the next camera.
Since the know is not accepting millis but percentage, I have to do some calculations:

1) Read the bpm of master deck
2) Calculate the time of one beat
3) Calculate the duration of 16 beats
4) Transfer the duration to the percentage value of auto switch slider (This is a bit tricky since slider 100% equals 1sec and %1 equals 30secs and 0% equals "deactivated auto switch)

Here it is and is working perfectly fine:

deck master video_fx_select "Camera" & deck master video_fx_slider 5 0% ? param_multiply "deck master get_bpm & param_1_x" 60000 & param_multiply 0.016 & param_add -1 & param_multiply 3.42 & param_add -100 & param_multiply -0.01 & deck master video_fx_slider 5 : deck master video_fx_slider 5 0%

I put that script to a pad and it work perfectly fine, when i use the mouse to click it. I have the Reloop Touch controller. If I press on the screen using my finger it's working still. But if I press the physical button, it is not setting the value. Resetting to 0% is working by the way, which is I do not understand.

The button of the physical controller is working with any other functionality, so it is not about the button.

It seams, that script part
param_multiply "deck master get_bpm & param_1_x" 60000 & param_multiply 0.016 & param_add -1 & param_multiply 3.42 & param_add -100 & param_multiply -0.01 & deck master video_fx_slider 5
is handled different when pressing the physical button.

Is this a bug.

Thx in advanced

geposted Sun 24 May 20 @ 6:35 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I think this is another case of the controller implicit value causing problems.
If you're on windows a virtualfx would dodge this issue,
been speaking with a nice guy to port virtualfx to mac but I can't say when.

geposted Sun 24 May 20 @ 6:45 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Try this one as a workaround (working in keyboard key):
deck master video_fx_select "Camera" & video_fx_slider 5 0 ? get_text `param_multiply "get_bpm & param_1_x" 960 & param_add -1 & param_multiply 3.42 & param_add -100 & param_multiply -0.01` & param_cast float & video_fx_slider 5 : deck master video_fx_slider 5 0

geposted Sun 24 May 20 @ 7:17 pm
Hey Nicetux,

sorry for the late answer and thank you for your suggestion. But it did not work. 🙁
Since I have a Reloop Touch controller, I can press the pad button on the screen, instead on the controllers physical button. So I can use the script as a workaround.

Cheers

geposted Sat 04 Jul 20 @ 5:50 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)