Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-SX3 Freezes after 30 minutes of DJing then comes back
Hello,

I have a brand new DDJ-SX3 with the latest firmware and drivers running on a brand new Alienware Win10 laptop (Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD). Virtual DJ has been updated twice to the latest versions in the last month or so. When mixing, after about 30 minutes, both my SX3 and VDJ completely freeze for about 3-5 seconds (music completely stops), then comes back. It seems I can replicate the issue just by playing for 30 minutes or so as it happened several times while I was testing it. I've tested using different hard drives thinking that might have been the cause but it did on 3 different HD's and a flash drive (when I test it, these were the only devices plugged in other than my controller via USB).

geposted Fri 05 Jun 20 @ 11:25 pm
30 minutes is usually the trial period for the software, so it could be that (but this usually will display a message on the screen about licensing).

I notice you have Pro (OEM) which is tied to the DDJ-SZ - do you still have this controller as you will need to connect this to reactivate the license periodically.
If you don't have the SZ any more then you will need to purchase a license.

geposted Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 12:11 am
I actually have another account with a VDJ Pro Infinity License that i'm using (I couldn't remember my pw to log in so i'm using my old account at the moment) but my new laptop has the new account logged in and it works fine. No message pops up at all.

geposted Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 12:26 am
I've updated all my drivers and then it happened again within the first 10 minutes. I tried disabling my wireless card and that seemed to do the trick, although I did hear some pops and crackles while playing, but after a 90 minute set, it didn't freeze. I'm going to continue testing, its something with drivers on Windows 10 and latency. I read on some Windows forums other users having similar issues. What makes it so difficult to pinpoint is its so intermittent. Does VDJ collect logs/errors where I can view them or upload them here somehow?

geposted Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 3:44 am

geposted Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 11:29 am
party4uPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi all
I have exact ta same problem
Notice that both laptop and virtual dj installations are brand new
My Dell laptop has 2 disks one 256gb sdd and 2tb where all of my music is loaded and 8gb of ram - Core i7 8th gen
also with the latest update i cannot use some of the keys on keyboard "p" for play for example .....

geposted Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 9:00 pm
I'm having the same problem with my hp laptop and ddjsx3. Sometimes it happens right away and other times after several minutes. VDJ, please fix asap.

geposted Wed 04 Aug 21 @ 8:38 pm
go into settings shut off math

geposted Wed 04 Aug 21 @ 8:57 pm
I use a desktop dell 390 it has never crashed or frozz even with two controllers and two cameras with that with laptops you get nearly the same as desktop but more compact so what you may find that the laptop can get very hot so things just shut down without warning if you can put your laptop on a stand and place a fan directed at the bottom of the machine to see if it freezes or crashes.

geposted Wed 04 Aug 21 @ 9:04 pm
DJDoubtItEntertainment wrote :
I'm having the same problem with my hp laptop and ddjsx3. Sometimes it happens right away and other times after several minutes. VDJ, please fix asap.

The problem.is that it's not really a VDJ issue like you can see in the other replies

geposted Thu 05 Aug 21 @ 2:40 am
Stretchincanada wrote :
go into settings shut off math

Won't really help with a laptop/OS/driver performance decline issue

geposted Thu 05 Aug 21 @ 2:42 am
Please fix this problem while using virtual dj pro it stop after 30 minutes or sometimes like after 3min to 5 minutes

geposted Sat 27 Apr 24 @ 5:59 am